Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

backup qb for next season

79 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Maybe Alex Smith next year. IF he is ran out of San Fran. If Cam can't progress in a better offense then maybe.

Posted · Report post

Matt Cassel could become available

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Jackofalltrades' timestamp='1353813689' post='2014075']

I did and I'd still take him as a back up.
[/quote]

Yeah, Campbell wasn't the reason the Bears got destroyed, his offensive line gave him 0.3 seconds on every dropback.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

[quote name='nctarheel0619' timestamp='1353892529' post='2014912']
Maybe Alex Smith next year. IF he is ran out of San Fran. If Cam can't progress in a better offense then maybe.
[/quote]
Fug NO!You people need to get over not liking Cam he will be our qb for the next 10yrs get over it.

Posted · Report post

Cam Newton would be a great backup QB. We'll never be a contender with him. He'll never be a prototypical great NFL QB. He wont. Teams dont win championshps with QBs like Cam. Thats what people need to get over.

Posted · Report post

As much as a hate the idea, if we are going to continue to run this gay college offense, we might as well go after Ron Mexico after he gets cut from Philly. God, I hope this scenario never materializes.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Panthers Nation' timestamp='1354299167' post='2024050']

Fug NO!You people need to get over not liking Cam he will be our qb for the next 10yrs get over it.
[/quote]

I'm saying as a backup, sir.

Posted · Report post

What analysts call an "athletic QB" - they have never had long term success in the League, much less ever won a championship. An incredible defense might do it - but if we're relying on Newton to lead the charge? It'll never happen.

THATS what people need to come to grips with.

RGIII will find himself in Cam's shoes next season. Defenses always figure these "athletic QBs" out.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='fieryprophet' timestamp='1354297344' post='2023998']
Yeah, Campbell wasn't the reason the Bears got destroyed, his offensive line gave him 0.3 seconds on every dropback.
[/quote]

The lack of an OL is why he was in there.He is not a bad qb.

Posted · Report post

David Garard has always been a fav of mine.
Campbell maybe.

I would like us to get a backup that has had to rely on his Film Study, Work Ethic, Leadership for any of his success. I think it would offer a nice contrast to Cam who has relied on his Athleticism for much of his Football success.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Campbell = poor man's Cam? Auburn graduate? Plenty of experience learning new systems?

I'm not exactly in love with any of the other possibilities out there, but then again this is for a back-up QB. Who loves back-ups? *shoves Matt Moore cutout over*

Posted · Report post

[quote name='nctarheel0619' timestamp='1354301347' post='2024113']
I'm saying as a backup, sir.
[/quote]
So we pay 12 mil a year for a backup qb?Great idea sir.