Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Had been preparing for it for a while...putting my dog to sleep...

32 posts in this topic

Posted

Awww thanks for sharing that story. Sorry for your loss.

Posted

Really sorry fuzz. I know that really sucks.

Posted

I'm so sorry for your loss. I've went thru this a couple years ago with our 15 year old black lab. One of the worst parts of this was the dog was the first gift I ever gave my wife not long before we married.

We were fortunate in the fact our vet does house calls for euthanasia. So our "Frankie" was resting comfortably on her favorite spot on her blanket with both of us there. Course, I had to remain the stoic and strong man in the face of death, but not long after I walked around picking up her things, gathering her blanket and I just fell apart.

It took a little over a year to adopt another pup and Chief is the best. But our chow-shepard mix will be 18 in April and while Chief has added some spring to her step and a new, younger companion has really helped, her time is near also.

Always remember him as your friend and companion- the unconditional love of your dog will never leave you.

It's been a couple years, but I still think of Frankie and I still tear up when I think of her, although she had a great life.

Posted

I went through the same thing last year. I went out the next day and bought everything I needed to make a scrapbook of him. I work on it a little at a time when I found myself missing him. Very therapudic. I didn't realize how many pictures I had of him. Sorry for your loss.

Posted

Be careful who you talk to right now. Some people don't get it and they will actually make jokes about it. Share your grief with other pet lovers only.

Posted

Very sorry for your loss

Posted

dude, that sucks. I lost mine almost three years ago, and I'm just now ready to have a furry friend again. I wish those guys would live for 50yrs. Hardest thing ever to watch him walk away from me, knowing he wouldn't be coming back.

Posted

Sorry buddy. All you can really do is hold on to the memories that you have and know that your dog lived a wonderful life with a great owner.

Posted

Sorry to hear it man :(

Posted

I'm prepping for it. mine is 16, deaf from a stroke a couple of years ago, and blind in one eye.

Arthritis is a problem, and it's not getting better.

But the minute I feel he isn't enjoying life, I have no problem putting him down. I may cry, but

I couldn't imagine keeping him alive if he was in pain.

Posted

So sorry man.

Posted

Thanks everyone for the kind words.

I am doing a bit better today, hopefully it gets a little better every day.

Awfully lonely in that house by myself though.