#1 CollegePanther

CollegePanther

President

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,351 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 25 November 2012 - 01:54 PM

Wow, shocking to say the least. I was very impressed with what TOB could do with the talent given. I'm going to be very disappointed if Debbie Yow does put a big name in there.

#2 iamcline

iamcline

Thou shalt not spilleth thy Red Bull!

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,776 posts
  • LocationGreensboro, NC

Posted 25 November 2012 - 02:07 PM

Not a shocker, they lost to Carolina. That's a no-no for Staties.

#3 SZ James (banned)

SZ James (banned)

• HUDDLER
  • 8,108 posts
  • Locationfresh out the grave

Posted 25 November 2012 - 02:27 PM

Wow, shocking to say the least.

Not to me.

-RW debacle
-too many WTF losses and not enough WTF wins to justify them
-abysmal recruiting

He reached his ceiling and next year is going to be a down year anyway so might as well do it. Would have prefered a win against unc at least to avoid the retarded bantering but it is what it is. I'm happy atm.

#4 CollegePanther

CollegePanther

President

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,351 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 25 November 2012 - 02:30 PM

Bill Cowher? If the Panthers can't get him then dammit my Wolfpack will

#5 Carolina Husker

Carolina Husker

I hate football

• HUDDLER
  • 10,509 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 02:44 PM

Hire Chizik

#6 4Corners

4Corners

go to sleep hoe

• HUDDLER
  • 14,480 posts
  • Location704

Posted 25 November 2012 - 02:45 PM

Skip Holtz

#7 4Corners

4Corners

go to sleep hoe

• HUDDLER
  • 14,480 posts
  • Location704

Posted 25 November 2012 - 02:46 PM

Not to me.

-RW debacle
-too many WTF losses and not enough WTF wins to justify them
-abysmal recruiting

He reached his ceiling and next year is going to be a down year anyway so might as well do it. Would have prefered a win against unc at least to avoid the retarded bantering but it is what it is. I'm happy atm.

Add the Russell Wilson debacle too

#8 SZ James (banned)

SZ James (banned)

• HUDDLER
  • 8,108 posts
  • Locationfresh out the grave

Posted 25 November 2012 - 02:53 PM

the first bullet ;)

#9 Dick the Butcher

Dick the Butcher

The first thing we do, let's kill all the lawyers.

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,386 posts
  • LocationCornelius, NC

Posted 25 November 2012 - 03:00 PM

most state fans were wanting this. and after a shitty year, it was written on the wall. he left the program in great shape, and will be missed by most--even the ones that wanted him gone. but if the new coach can come in and get something going in 2 or 3 years, then i suspect most will be ok with the firing. imo, tob reached his peak. he needed to go.

#10 Herbert The Love Bug

Herbert The Love Bug

Stripper Name: Bo Dangles

• HUDDLER
  • 12,567 posts
  • Locationtied to your basement wall

Posted 25 November 2012 - 03:02 PM

NC State is targeting Clemson offensive coordinator Chad Morris

#11 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 21,394 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 25 November 2012 - 03:05 PM

keep an eye on James Franklin from Vandy

while we are here on coaching. watch Petrino end up in UK. not sure who lands at Ten.

#12 4Corners

4Corners

go to sleep hoe

• HUDDLER
  • 14,480 posts
  • Location704

Posted 25 November 2012 - 03:35 PM

keep an eye on James Franklin from Vandy

while we are here on coaching. watch Petrino end up in UK. not sure who lands at Ten.

Petrino to State I called in another thread a month ago.

The guy is 100% certified POS but he can recruit and coach so most people will over look that as long as you're winning.

Arkansas did the right thing in firing him but he was only fired because he lied and used the schools money not because he had an affair.

#13 Carolina Husker

Carolina Husker

I hate football

• HUDDLER
  • 10,509 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 04:01 PM

John L Smith would be a great hire for State

#14 CollegePanther

CollegePanther

President

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,351 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 25 November 2012 - 06:14 PM

"Athletic Director Debbie Yow declared today in her 5pm press conference that Vanderbilt coach and long time personal friend James Franklin is not a candidate for the NC State job. Yow also announced that she would only hire someone with a completely spotless record as far as run-ins with the NCAA, and would not rule out coordinators just because they lacked head coaching experience.
Yow also noted that over the last six years, State has lost 1000 season ticket holders and an equivalent in sales of 1.4 million dollars - those are reasons to fire a coach, even if going to a third straight bowl isn't"

#15 unicar15

unicar15

• HUDDLER
  • 3,714 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 06:20 PM

Petrino to State I called in another thread a month ago.

The guy is 100% certified POS but he can recruit and coach so most people will over look that as long as you're winning.

Arkansas did the right thing in firing him but he was only fired because he lied and used the schools money not because he had an affair.

I don't see Petrino meshing well with Yow. At this point I think that this will come down to Morris and Butch Jones from Cincy. IMO Morris is the best coordinator in college football and is ripe to make a big splash as a HC. He also has recruiting ties to NC and SC.

Let me say this about TOB...I agree with the OP that I was impressed with what he did with the talent he had...until this year. He had the talent to compete for the Atlantic this year, as was seen when we played FSU, UNC, Clemson. Instead we go 7-5 and lose some really really bad games that we shouldn't have lost.

However, the other side of that comment is to say that he HAD to recruit better. We lost SOOO many recruits to programs outside of NC. Was it great that he won games with subpar recruiting? Sure. But at some point you have to be a complete program and it was clear that O'brien had lost all interest in recruiting the top talent.

So in the end I'm happy with the move. There are some really good coaches out there that I think could thrive in the ACC. I don't think Franklin will be in Raleigh though. I think he ends up either at Auburn or Tennessee. I'm not going to sit here and say that this is a job that competes with those jobs. However, this is a very good job. We have probably the nicest facilities in the ACC, great fan support, and if you can keep the talent in the state of NC...you can build a great program.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com