Is Team Conditioning an Issue?

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#11 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

Moderators

Posted 25 November 2012 - 04:12 PM

i think the energy and strength is there. i think they lack confidence and if they have a lead they kind of know just like we do, that it's only a matter of time before one of them blows it. it ends up being a self fulfilling prophecy. the fact that we get soft on offense and defense as far as playcalling is concerned doesn't help, either.

that's one thing that i like about the program that chip kelly has and that mahlzan ran at auburn. with a no huddle hurry up program done right, they work at it every practice and so not only do they work at a faster pace in games, their endurance is up and the other team most likely will wear down and out quicker. that's not a advert for kelly, btw. i just like that mentality and coaching style.

the end game stuff, though, is more mental and bad playcalling. i think that if the guys on the field had some level of confidence in themselves and the ability to finish they wouldn't be so worried about who is going to f*ck it up next or worried that they might screw it up themselves.

it's just a hump they've got to get over, but once they do i think they stay on the winning side of things. this team has been good enough to win most games they've played the last couple years. they have the lead late in games most of the time. they just haven't figured out how to finish the right way.

#12 Sword

Sword

Ninja Pirate

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 25 November 2012 - 04:46 PM

http://www.nfl.com/v...wards-of-us-all

I don't know if being tired is the problem but if you think we make to many mental errors at the end of the game being tired will cause you to make even more mistakes.

#13 Iceberg Slim

Iceberg Slim

Keep it 100

• Locationwhatcha worried about it for
HUDDLER

Posted 25 November 2012 - 04:57 PM

Good question but I don't think so. Bad offensive play calling, lack of discipline, poor clock management. I could go on but all of it screams that there are gaping holes in this teams coaching

#14 Leeroy Jenkins PhD

Leeroy Jenkins PhD

HCIC

• LocationHouston Texas
SUPPORTER

Posted 25 November 2012 - 05:25 PM

I wonder if our injury problems stem from poor conditioning as well. It seems every year, we have a higher number of players on IR by the end of the year than most teams in the league. This could also be an issue of conditioning.

I am not saying the "freak" injuries do not occur at random, but, if you consistently have a larger number of injured players than other teams, something is wrong.

I have also seen argued that, if were eliminated from playoff contention, it is easy to place a player on IR and try someone else. I do not think that is the case with our team.

#15 CRA

CRA

Moderators

Posted 25 November 2012 - 05:30 PM

Good question but I don't think so. Bad offensive play calling, lack of discipline, poor clock management. I could go on but all of it screams that there are gaping holes in this teams coaching

This

#16 Icege

Icege

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

• LocationCharleston, SC
SUPPORTER

Posted 25 November 2012 - 06:16 PM

Clock management has been atrocious.

#17 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• LocationCharlotte, NC
HUDDLER

Posted 25 November 2012 - 07:21 PM

When your head coaches go ultra conservative and full retard with the timeouts/clock, you're fugged either way.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users