Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Brokenbad

"China lands first jet on aircraft carrier" confuses me, they are a threat?

38 posts in this topic

speaking of which, is red dawn neocon propaganda, or is it an allegory for american foreign policy?

also is it true that the remake was going to be about a chinese invasion, but they digitally altered the picture to make them north koreans? tbqh i'm not too worried about north korea invading the US

Haven't seen it so idk about the propaganda part... but yes, they had to re-shoot a good bit of it, especially the NK Commander guy's part due to it all being filmed with Chinese language stuff, but they decided that it would be a NK invasion instead...

It was even supposed to be released in 2010.

It's funny how they put "HOME OF THE BRAVE" as a subtitle, but then had to change the antagonists from the Chinese to fuging North Koreans

Thank god this piece of poo bombed at the box office

It's funny how they put "HOME OF THE BRAVE" as a subtitle, but then had to change the antagonists from the Chinese to fuging North Koreans

Thank god this piece of poo bombed at the box office

I hope they lost a ton of money. Maybe then they will stop recycling old movies for a quick buck.

Movies that cannot be recycled:

Animal House

National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation

Blues Brothers

Caddy Shack

Anyone got more???.....

please, don't jinx us.

vcYuy.png

huh. i felt exactly like this after watching Team America

Well if I'm not mistaken the bad guy invaders in the original were Cubans with Russian bosses...in Colorado.

Best line from the original...

Col. Andy Tanner: ...The Russians need to take us in one piece, and that's why they're here. That's why they won't use nukes anymore; and we won't either, not on our own soil. The whole damn thing's pretty conventional now. Who knows? Maybe next week will be swords.

Darryl Bates: What started it?

Col. Andy Tanner: I don't know. Two toughest kids on the block, I guess. Sooner or later, they're gonna fight.

Jed Eckert: That simple, is it?

Col. Andy Tanner: Or maybe somebody just forget what it was like.

Jed Eckert: ...Well, who *is* on our side?

Col. Andy Tanner: Six hundred million screaming Chinamen.

Darryl Bates: Last I heard, there were a billion screaming Chinamen.

Col. Andy Tanner: There *were*.

[he throws whiskey on the fire; it ignites violently, suggesting a nuclear explosion]

noticing a theme with that list @anybodyhome

in short: you can only remake movies that had potential but were poorly executed. Basically leaves out anything that was really good or really bad like Red Dawn. Studios will keep funding them though because they think its a safe investment because there's already a following for it. Same thing with sequels.

Everyone who posted on that twitter feed were 18 and under. Not really taking any of them seriously.

saupload_military_country_distribution_2008.png

4 years old but you get the drift.

Everyone who posted on that twitter feed were 18 and under. Not really taking any of them seriously.

I think Nick Gamez was serious.