Photo
- - - - -

How will the team handle the primetime stage?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
62 replies to this topic

#25 Matthias

Matthias

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 25 November 2012 - 07:19 PM

If you have players that fold.....that isn't good for the long term. Means there are a lot more players to replace and that topic pick ainsy gonna solve our problems.

Whatever pick we get, we get.

Normally I might agree, but this team will go through a complete makeover next year. As I said, half the players will be gone, so it doesn't matter. We are going to have a new coach with a new mentality. The main reason is not just because of the new HC, but also because of the new GM. So I say give the new GM as many picks as possible to right this ship. The only "key" players I expect back are Cam, Kuechly, Stew, Kalil, Hardy, Johnson, and Beason.

#26 La Pantera

La Pantera

humpin' habanero

HUDDLER

Posted 25 November 2012 - 07:21 PM

It's all for the good of the franchise. We got to think about the future here. I rather win in the long term, than to win now when it doesn't matter and it hurts us later. There's some great offensive lineman coming out this year. I want to get at least two of them, along with other picks. We can't do that with our current situation.

I don't give a fug if we win out and fall out the top 10 in the draft! I will not wish for my team to lose! A real fan couldn't possibly do it. What's best is to win and get confidence...not draft picks. The funny thing about the draft is its always the usual teams pickin in the top 10. Goes to show it doesn't always help to draft high. But you continue with that loser mentality. Ill be rooting for my team!

#27 GSO_Pantherz

GSO_Pantherz

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 25 November 2012 - 07:24 PM

Every prime time game we've been in, we've sucked. Hopefully the trend reverses itself.

#28 Matthias

Matthias

HUDDLER

Posted 25 November 2012 - 07:27 PM

I don't give a fug if we win out and fall out the top 10 in the draft! I will not wish for my team to lose! A real fan couldn't possible do it. What's best is to win and get confidence...not draft picks. The funny thing about the draft is its always the usual teams pickin in the top 10. Goes to show it doesn't always help to draft high. But you continue with that loser mentality. Ill be rooting for my team!

I'm not arguing picking just one player in the top ten. I'm talking getting a boat load of talent to work with, along with whatever free agents we get. Again, most of the players on this roster will be gone. Who cares about a player who is no longer on the team and their confidence? Besides, what if Rivera win out convincingly, and now the new GM has to think about whether he should stay in place? Do you root for that to? Of course we all know that won't happen anyway.

#29 TheGreatestOfAllTimeCam

TheGreatestOfAllTimeCam

Cam Nut Hugger

HUDDLER

Posted 25 November 2012 - 07:39 PM

If Cam throws for 400+ I'll accept a week banning for funsies.

#30 Hotsauce

Hotsauce

Future Training Camp MVP

HUDDLER

Posted 25 November 2012 - 07:39 PM

Posted Image

#31 CRA

CRA

Moderators

Posted 25 November 2012 - 07:41 PM

Normally I might agree, but this team will go through a complete makeover next year. As I said, half the players will be gone, so it doesn't matter. We are going to have a new coach with a new mentality. The main reason is not just because of the new HC, but also because of the new GM. So I say give the new GM as many picks as possible to right this ship. The only "key" players I expect back are Cam, Kuechly, Stew, Kalil, Hardy, Johnson, and Beason.

My point stands....

Cam, Luke, Stew, Hardy, CJ etc.....you don't want to see those guys fold their cards. They are our future. You don't want that mindset in your core you build your franchise around.

Hopefully they finish well. Won't many anything.....other than we don't have quitters. That means something.

#32 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

HUDDLER

Posted 25 November 2012 - 07:52 PM

Ok I'm shallow...I laughed

Me too. I felt terrible for laughing....but it was damn funny

#33 Matthias

Matthias

HUDDLER

Posted 25 November 2012 - 07:58 PM

My point stands....

Cam, Luke, Stew, Hardy, CJ etc.....you don't want to see those guys fold their cards. They are our future. You don't want that mindset in your core you build your franchise around.

Hopefully they finish well. Won't many anything.....other than we don't have quitters. That means something.

Losing a few more games won't hurt their career any. Everyone by now know the real problem of this team. Get rid of Rivera, we will move forward. Look at Troy Aikman. Did losing his first 11 games kill his career? No, yet that Herschel Walker trade sure helped out a lot. A trade from the 1st overall pick, will help us out over the next couple years, possibly even three years. We could trade some of the those picks for proven players, or we could draft top talent with them. It just gives the team so much to work with.

If we don't have that going into next year, we are making the new GM's job a little harder. So I say make sure we maximize the future. A couple of more losses this year will not deter our young guys.

#34 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

HUDDLER

Posted 25 November 2012 - 08:02 PM

Yeah, who needs wins. The draft is my superbowl anyway, fug the regular season. Tank it all!

/idiocy.

#35 Matthias

Matthias

HUDDLER

Posted 25 November 2012 - 08:07 PM

Do you want a couple extra wins on this sabotaged season, or do you guys want an elite team for the next 10-15 years? I know I want the latter, but who am I to get in the way of a couple wins. B)

#36 La Pantera

La Pantera

humpin' habanero

HUDDLER

Posted 25 November 2012 - 08:14 PM

As I stated earlier. Most of the teams picking in the top 10, pick there every year. The draft picks haven't helped them. Look at the 49ers, Rams and Detriot. It wasn't all those picks that turned them around. It was getting competent coaching staffs in place.