#31 Iceberg Slim

Iceberg Slim

Keep it 100

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,087 posts
  • Locationwhatcha worried about it for

Posted 26 November 2012 - 04:30 PM

After reading all the responses in this thread I am still having trouble accepting the DNA issue....I mean I get the fact that their are undiscovered species out in the world, and that some things we thought in the past were myths have turned out to be real (by way of example giant squids). So all that being said, I am open to the possibility, but in cases where we have discovered a new species, a body has always accompanied it....there is no body here...just suspect DNA.....

#32 Inimicus

Inimicus

Life is better in a kayak

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,177 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 04:37 PM

The sasquatch mtDNA is identical to humans, while the nuDNA is that of an unknown hominin. What they are testing is a hybrid. As far as I know there are at least 3 different types of sasquatch out there the samples they have are all from this one hybrid type.

The samples came from a variety of places and sources. Most of it is hair, some is scat, and the other is tissue.

Sounds like some fans of Tenacious D out in the woods eating 'shrooms found some over sized hairy turds and decided that it was Bigfoot's poo.

#33 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 11,322 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 04:42 PM

You never know but

Down south and especially with deer hunters, they use the game cameras to find out all kinds of things. Which buck, how many, hogs rooting around, coyotes, mountain lions, etc.

But these sasquatch things are very hard to photo, especially for some of the folks who are feeding them

#34 CatofWar

CatofWar

Join, or Die

• HUDDLER
  • 3,472 posts
  • LocationGitmo

Posted 26 November 2012 - 04:44 PM

Re the tissue sample. A hunter in ca shot a female and juvenile. When he approached and saw how human they were he freaked, buried the bodies and fled thinking he may face murder charges. He returned after discussing the events with those who are big names in the field of study and cut a sample. That sample was then sent to Ketchum.

#35 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

• HUDDLER
  • 14,003 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 05:00 PM

Re the tissue sample. A hunter in ca shot a female and juvenile. When he approached and saw how human they were he freaked, buried the bodies and fled thinking he may face murder charges. He returned after discussing the events with those who are big names in the field of study and cut a sample. That sample was then sent to Ketchum.

but they didn't take a skull which would easily prove without a doubt that they existed?

that story is 10 feet of bullshiat.

#36 Iceberg Slim

Iceberg Slim

Keep it 100

• HUDDLER
  • 2,087 posts
  • Locationwhatcha worried about it for

Posted 26 November 2012 - 05:02 PM

That story about the burned bodies doesn't smell right, unless he burned them in a crematory their would have to be some bone fragments left that could theoretically be put back together to examine......

#37 CatofWar

CatofWar

Join, or Die

• HUDDLER
  • 3,472 posts
  • LocationGitmo

Posted 26 November 2012 - 05:34 PM

but they didn't take a skull which would easily prove without a doubt that they existed?

Maybe so. Only going on what I've heard the past few years.

#38 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 19,234 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 26 November 2012 - 05:42 PM

sorry....gotta call bullshit on this story.

Why has no one gone back to the site and dug up the remains? Sounds like the story of a bunch of drunk rednecks in the woods to me.

#39 RelaxImaPro

RelaxImaPro

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,631 posts
  • LocationThe Moon

Posted 26 November 2012 - 06:03 PM

Sounds like a tall tale to me.

#40 PhillyB

PhillyB

that jungle football

• ALL-PRO
  • 21,150 posts
  • Locationthird spur east of the sun

Posted 26 November 2012 - 06:07 PM

well if it came over in 13000BC it'd be contemporary with early clovis cultures, which would mean it'd have to have migrated over beringia during the upper pleistocene/early holocene. if that's the case there should be DNA evidence in northern china and far eastern russia as well.

platyrrhines are the only primate species native to this hemisphere (and none of them are technically natives, having migrated about 40mil years ago.) and none of them come remotely close to a great ape or some similar species that would account for the increase in size over the human with which it mated. there is zero fossil evidence to suggest any such species has ever existed on this side of the world. the only explanation is a band of clovis migrated into the great plains (arguably impossible because of the timing of the interglaciery recession) and then scooted south thousands and thousands of miles over an extremely short period of time (migratory patterns suggest this is kinda idiotic to propose) to go fug a howler monkey. but then where do you get some giant species from?

the only hominids contemporary with modern humans were the neandertals, which would be the only feasible explanation. some suggest the magdalenians of northern europe were actually the first to populate the americas due to dates on sites around labrador and conflicting dates in projectile point diffusion, so you could post that neandertals came too (or came earlier.) but even then it wouldn't explain anything because 1) neandertals were actually on average shorter than homo sapiens) and 2) it's undermined by the fact that neandertals died out in europe by 40,000 years ago, which forces the person insisting on the argument to set up a scenario whereby neandertals somehow made it to the americas 25,000 years before the clovis.

where's the evidence? paleontologists and archaeologist look for multiple correlating lines of evidence before attempting to make anything resembling a solid claim. a couple strands of DNA doesn't do a damn thing unless it's accompanied by multiple other sources in different fields. it's no different than gavin menzies selling books on the baseless notion that the chinese discovered america because it grabs the attention of people unable to determine the difference between evidence and conjecture disguised as evidence.

i bet some of you still think the cardif giant was real.

#41 Guest_Tom Cat_*

Guest_Tom Cat_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 November 2012 - 07:42 PM

This project has been going on for quite some time. Many folks have sent in samples and evidence, signed the NDA, and have been waiting.

give me a couple of minutes and I will have a sample to send in

#42 2jakefansinva

2jakefansinva

Coach Jack Bolton

• HUDDLER
  • 4,764 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 01:24 PM

the bigfoots do the same thing as the aliens...........

they keep running into the dumbest humans on the planet.

go figure.

#43 PhillyB

PhillyB

that jungle football

• ALL-PRO
  • 21,150 posts
  • Locationthird spur east of the sun

Posted 27 November 2012 - 02:28 PM

can someone who insists on believing in sasquatch please address the many and exhaustive points i brought up above because it took me a long time to write all that out and i've kind of been hoping for a fun argument

#44 FurdTurgason

FurdTurgason

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 954 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 02:36 PM

I thought I saw a sasquatch once. Turned out to be King Taharqa's big fat stinkin' mammy.

#45 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • 12,712 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

Posted 27 November 2012 - 02:39 PM

I thought I saw a sasquatch once. Turned out to be King Taharqa's big fat stinkin' mammy.

Ohh for fucks sake.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com