55 replies to this topic

#46 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,932 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 11:37 AM

Fewell won more games in half a season as interim coach of the Bills than Rivera has won this year.

That said, no, I don't want a DC.

#47 Rocky

Rocky

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 170 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 11:51 AM

Fewell won more games in half a season as interim coach of the Bills than Rivera has won this year.

realshit

#48 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,413 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 12:11 PM

good point and agreed.

#49 Mppollock

Mppollock

NEWB

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 04:46 PM

i live in jersey now and usually go when the panthers come up here to play. fewell is a fantastic coach and would be a great move

#50 Dollar Store Dave

Dollar Store Dave

Formerly Know As Ruff

• HUDDLER
  • 7,205 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 05:46 PM

Right now, my absolutely main choice would be Bruce Arians, and it's not even close.

But, if I had to choose who I'd like after Arians, I think it would be Wade Phillips. I know everyone hates on Wade Phillips, but the guy has a winning record as a head coach, his defenses are all-world good, and he's been a head coach in the biggest limelight (Dallas). Of course, I don't know how well Phillips would do with Cam, because Phillips is supposed to be known as a player's guy... A coach that becomes friends with the players as opposed to a coach.

What makes Phillips even more ideal than Fewell, or Shaw, or anyone else is the potential for him to bring in guys like Benton as the OC (the current OL coach for the Texans, and a master of developing a zone-stretch run offensive line) and Herring as the DC (the Texans' LB coach... Who developed Barwin, Cushing, Reed, etc. And who even coached at NC State. :o )

#51 Mppollock

Mppollock

NEWB

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 05:55 PM

i just refuse to believe any college coach would be a solid nfl one. i really cant think of any that are successful off hand minus pete carroll and he's not exactly killing it out there. however i do agree that we need someone with some fire and drop of craziness.

#52 Dollar Store Dave

Dollar Store Dave

Formerly Know As Ruff

• HUDDLER
  • 7,205 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 05:57 PM

i just refuse to believe any college coach would be a solid nfl one. i really cant think of any that are successful off hand minus pete carroll and he's not exactly killing it out there. however i do agree that we need someone with some fire and drop of craziness.

Jim Harbaugh?

#53 Mppollock

Mppollock

NEWB

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 05:58 PM

Jim Harbaugh?

was just about to correct myself with him, but he does have nfl pedigree playing qb

#54 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 39,917 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 26 November 2012 - 06:12 PM

who is your first choice?

Mike Zimmer.

#55 Frash Brastard

Frash Brastard

The Frashmaker

• HUDDLER
  • 14,424 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 07:17 PM

bruce arians > everybody else

#56 CaliPanthers

CaliPanthers

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 693 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 08:00 PM

Will Muschamp is a pretty interesting name. I havent thought about him before. Defensive coach but he is young and seems like a very good leader. He likes to run the ball, play good defense and his teams play tough. Would be perfect for this team.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com