Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Final warning...

158 posts in this topic

Posted

i like cheese. what happens now?

Posted

There are so many alts lately that just pop in to say controversial crap just to rile up people. These statements also have obvious undertones usually. I know we want hits on the site and arguing for pages clearly helps that. If the trolls can spout nonsense, can we not call them out for it? Just clarifying, due to our influx of new members.

Sure you can. Stop trolling threads, derailing them and new members! Makes for crappy threads.

Posted

Sure you can. Stop trolling threads, derailing them and new members! Makes for crappy threads.

Weren't you bant????

1 person likes this

Posted

I see a lot of one week vacations in our future.

Posted

Check the MODs forum please.

I want some clarification on this.

this is one of those rare moments i want to be a mod. i hate secrets. :)

1 person likes this

Posted

racist thread is racist

Posted

Uhhh lmao. Aren't you the master at detailing threads with walls of text there mr. stats?

Posted

why you don't just IP ban people

Posted

dont know what ip banning is but what if multiple people have an internet provider which is the same?

Posted

dont know what ip banning is but what if multiple people have an internet provider which is the same?

Guilty by association.

1 person likes this

Posted

I'm a mod on a music forum.. People can actually change up their IP address... The internets is tricky !!

Posted

why you don't just IP ban people

I cant speak to the specifics of this forum but in general there are 2 reasons its not a great option

1. IPs are not permanent assignments. I can change the IP address assigned to my cable modem pretty easily and it takes little to no geek knowledge to do it. Depending on your provider it could be as simple as restarting your cable modem. Beyond that there are a host of ways to force or fake an IP address reassignment.
  2. Multiple people can "share" a single IP address . Its something you might see in any circumstance where a number of people would be funneled through a single point of entry to the interwebz. Think of an office building, a college campus, or even some apartments. Their public IP (the one you would ban) could be shared by literally hundreds of other individuals.

The powers that be here may have other reasons but in general that's why you would avoid it.