Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Charlotte Thread

152 posts in this topic

Posted

Bobby Lutz anyone? He totally got a raw deal.

No he didn't. The program was trending down his last five years. He routinely blamed the league for his troubles. His real problems were due to his pathetic recruiting. We relied almost exclusively on transfers and junior college players. You can't build a successful D1 program doing that. Those guys should be supplemental, not the core of your team.

Lutz needed to go. He's still getting paid about 220,000 by the school (he only gets paid his base salary, not the incentives that boosted his salary to around $500,000). He makes another 220,000 from State, so he's doing alright for himself.

Posted

I've got TW cable. Is the St. Louis game on anywhere? I can't find it.

Help please!

Posted

http://www.atlantic10.com/allaccess/?media=379460

Posted

jesus, the turnovers.

maybe you shouldn't watch this one, lol.

Posted

13-0 run and counting for STL

Posted

henry breaks the run, but the damage might be done, they needed to hang close.

Posted

that blue fauxhawk that one of their guys is wearing is uberdouche.

Posted

It's an 11-point billiken lead at halftime. Charlotte settled down and played better defense, but still turned the ball over way too much.

They're going to need to come out of haltime strong if they want to pull this one out.

Posted

Thanks Jase for the info. I'm an alumni and I can't believe we can't get TV coverage for a game like this. Maybe that will change with C-USA. Judy Rose needs to rattle some cages.

Posted

clayton gets to the line like a boss, then always misses like a boss.

Posted

Welp, that's all she wote. Hopefully we get into the NIT.

Posted

We'll get into the NIT, which is what I considered success before the season started.

The guys overachieved IMO.

There are some glaring holes and things that need to be worked on, but we started 3 freshmen and 2 sophs much of the year...and 3 sophs / 2 freshmen other times. We only had 2 upperclassmen and one of them got kicked off the team.

We are a jumpshooter or two and a defensive minded big man away from being a really good team.

I'm hoping we can land Matthew Atewe. He has a ton of offers from big time conference schools and even Duke was going to offer as a backup in case they didn't land Parker (which they didn't need to do), so big time coaches obviously see something in him.

Based on his tweets, I'd say we have a very good chance of landing him.

I'm very excited about next year.