Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Charlotte Thread

152 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Pierria Henry was ejected in the middle of the second half. Not sure exactly what happened but he could be in danger of being suspended for the next game against Miami.

Posted · Report post

Just listened to coach Major's post game.

Said that Henry said something to a ref after the ref jumped on him and a CMU player on the ground. Major said Henry will play against miami because it wasnt a fight.

Posted · Report post

Miami will be a tough team. They dropped one against Florida Gulf Coast earlier in the season, but they were missing on of their better players in that game. If we beat Miami, it's not out of the realm of possibility that we finish OOC play undefeated. Before the season started I had FSU penciled in as a likely loss, but they've been pretty bad recently. It's a very winnable game.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Holderoftruth1' timestamp='1355001599' post='2036454']
Pierria Henry was ejected in the middle of the second half. Not sure exactly what happened but he could be in danger of being suspended for the next game against Miami.
[/quote]

He was ejected for curing at the ref. From what I read he was in a tussle for the ball the ref was on his back trying to seperate him, Pierria didn't realize it was the ref and cursed at him. He won't be suspended for the miami game because it wasn't a fight.

Posted · Report post

The Charlotte-Miami game will be on ESPN3 and Fox Sports South on Friday.

Posted · Report post

Looks like Miami game will be our toughest test in OOC.

Miami matches up well against us on paper. It will be crucial to play tough defense and get into transition and set the tempo. Hopefully we can get them in foul trouble and make them play their bench.

Posted · Report post

Up to 30th in the RPI

Beat Miami and we'll start getting some top 25 votes I should think.

Posted · Report post

Crowd shouldn't be much of a factor for the game.

The game against #13 Michigan State only had about 5500 according to the boxscore.

Combine that students will be gone and we're not a marquee name (or even ranked) and I doubt there are more than 3,000 fans there. Should help some.

Posted · Report post

we need to get some more fans in halton. i try to go when i can but with our record halton should have more fans in it. i fear we will have to go dancing before fans start backing the 49ers more

Posted · Report post

[quote name='cavic7585' timestamp='1355189419' post='2041196']
we need to get some more fans in halton. i try to go when i can but with our record halton should have more fans in it. i fear we will have to go dancing before fans start backing the 49ers more
[/quote]
get a number next to the name and people will show up. People will also be more likely to come out to see VCU and Temple than Central Michigan.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Tensor' timestamp='1355189625' post='2041202']
get a number next to the name and people will show up. People will also be more likely to come out to see VCU and Temple than Central Michigan.
[/quote]

I hope you right, this is a fun team to watch.

anyway ESPN article on 9ers.

[url="http://espn.go.com/blog/collegebasketballnation/post/_/id/69716/qod-good-charlotte"]http://espn.go.com/blog/collegebasketballnation/post/_/id/69716/qod-good-charlotte[/url]

Posted · Report post

Big game tonight against Miami.

Will be on Fox Sports South and ESPN3 for anyone looking for something to watch tonight.

This is generally a slow week for basketball, so this is actually the best match-up on television tonight.