#136 Jase

Jase

Kuechold Fantasies

• Administrators
  • 16,564 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC

Posted 15 March 2013 - 11:34 AM

jesus, the turnovers.

maybe you shouldn't watch this one, lol.

#137 Jase

Jase

Kuechold Fantasies

• Administrators
  • 16,564 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC

Posted 15 March 2013 - 11:37 AM

13-0 run and counting for STL

#138 Jase

Jase

Kuechold Fantasies

• Administrators
  • 16,564 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC

Posted 15 March 2013 - 11:39 AM

henry breaks the run, but the damage might be done, they needed to hang close.

#139 Jase

Jase

Kuechold Fantasies

• Administrators
  • 16,564 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC

Posted 15 March 2013 - 11:49 AM

that blue fauxhawk that one of their guys is wearing is uberdouche.

#140 Jase

Jase

Kuechold Fantasies

• Administrators
  • 16,564 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC

Posted 15 March 2013 - 11:58 AM

It's an 11-point billiken lead at halftime. Charlotte settled down and played better defense, but still turned the ball over way too much.

They're going to need to come out of haltime strong if they want to pull this one out.

#141 css

css

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 12:07 PM

Thanks Jase for the info. I'm an alumni and I can't believe we can't get TV coverage for a game like this. Maybe that will change with C-USA. Judy Rose needs to rattle some cages.

#142 Jase

Jase

Kuechold Fantasies

• Administrators
  • 16,564 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC

Posted 15 March 2013 - 12:43 PM

clayton gets to the line like a boss, then always misses like a boss.

#143 Jase

Jase

Kuechold Fantasies

• Administrators
  • 16,564 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC

Posted 15 March 2013 - 01:09 PM

Welp, that's all she wote. Hopefully we get into the NIT.

#144 Niner National

Niner National

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,377 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 04:22 PM

We'll get into the NIT, which is what I considered success before the season started.

The guys overachieved IMO.

There are some glaring holes and things that need to be worked on, but we started 3 freshmen and 2 sophs much of the year...and 3 sophs / 2 freshmen other times. We only had 2 upperclassmen and one of them got kicked off the team.

We are a jumpshooter or two and a defensive minded big man away from being a really good team.

I'm hoping we can land Matthew Atewe. He has a ton of offers from big time conference schools and even Duke was going to offer as a backup in case they didn't land Parker (which they didn't need to do), so big time coaches obviously see something in him.

Based on his tweets, I'd say we have a very good chance of landing him.

I'm very excited about next year.

#145 Baby Andy Reid

Baby Andy Reid

finally someone fatter than Alice

• HUDDLER
  • 3,143 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 10:00 AM

No he didn't. The program was trending down his last five years. He routinely blamed the league for his troubles. His real problems were due to his pathetic recruiting. We relied almost exclusively on transfers and junior college players. You can't build a successful D1 program doing that. Those guys should be supplemental, not the core of your team.

Lutz needed to go. He's still getting paid about 220,000 by the school (he only gets paid his base salary, not the incentives that boosted his salary to around $500,000). He makes another 220,000 from State, so he's doing alright for himself.

Bob Huggins straight STOLE Micheal Beasley. He was coming to charlotte until ole huggy bear conviently paid the asst coach who had recruited him to charlotte an absurd amount of money to come to k-state. After that things started to drop.

#146 Niner National

Niner National

• HUDDLER
  • 3,377 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 10:23 AM

Bob Huggins straight STOLE Micheal Beasley. He was coming to charlotte until ole huggy bear conviently paid the asst coach who had recruited him to charlotte an absurd amount of money to come to k-state. After that things started to drop.

And the only reason we hired Hill was to get Beasley. Huggins did the same thing.

Lutz was going to luck into Beasley by giving Hill a job. Lutz had one decent recruiter, Rob Moxley, although he loved the transfers and JUCOs too much. The rest of Lutz's assistants were garbage. They didn't bring in anyone that contributed.

Lutz and Moxley were friends and apparently Moxley had the right to veto other coaches recruits in favor of his own. That is unheard of. Lutz's running of the operations side of things was bad and it was starting to show.

Lutz missed the NCAA tournament his last five seasons. The year he was fired he had 0 recruits signed in April. Every year it was getting worse.

He had to go.

I met Lutz several times and he was a super nice guy, but he wasn't getting it done.

#147 Baby Andy Reid

Baby Andy Reid

finally someone fatter than Alice

• HUDDLER
  • 3,143 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 10:53 AM

I met bobby a couple times too and we actually do a bit of business with the school. Met mox quite a few times as well

#148 Jase

Jase

Kuechold Fantasies

• Administrators
  • 16,564 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC

Posted 20 March 2013 - 06:48 PM

Charlotte v providence, ESPN 3 right now. 24-24 game.

#149 holderoftruth

holderoftruth

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,104 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 07:19 PM

Charlotte is up 36-33 at half.

The winner of this game will play at home against Robert Morris, who upset Kentucky.

#150 Jase

Jase

Kuechold Fantasies

• Administrators
  • 16,564 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC

Posted 20 March 2013 - 07:47 PM

we're going on one of our patented scoring droughts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.