#1 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 39,809 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 26 November 2012 - 03:04 PM

The Jets are losing the presence and support of a superfan who's been a fixture at Jet games for a long time. Fireman Ed (real name Edward Anzalone) is bailing on the team for the foreseeable future because of the team's dismal performance and rancor among the fans.

If I'm being honest, I can understand how he feels. We watch and talk about sports because it's fun to do so. When things are like they are these days though, the fun factor is rather severely diminished :(

Anyone else suffering from "fan fatigue"?

#2 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,561 posts
  • LocationILM

Posted 26 November 2012 - 03:05 PM

Fireman Ed is an attention *****.
Shame on anyone who indulges in giving him attention.

#3 Peppers90 NC

Peppers90 NC

• HUDDLER
  • 9,733 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 03:08 PM

he is still going to the games, just not wearing his jersey, hat or starting any cheers. didnt really give up on the team, but more on the fans.

#4 SCP

SCP

Crop Dusting Son of a Bitch

• HUDDLER
  • 20,229 posts
  • LocationOn a Sales Call

I knew Fireman Ed was a bandwagon tool. I knew it all along!!! He is dusting off that Giants jersey as we speak.

Suck it up and be a man Ed!

#5 mwright350

mwright350

Thy Jimmies shall be Rustled

• ALL-PRO
  • 1,684 posts
  • LocationChina Grove, NC

I mean sure - it's gets rough being a fan of a team that loses so much more than it wins.

But we would have to be really bad for a REALLY long time for me to get to that level. I dislike the losing part but I can honestly say there's never been a game I wasn't excited about watching as it was leading up to game time.

#6 jtm

jtm

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,629 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 03:10 PM

I am. It's draining to see a team with so much potential continue to not close games out. It's become comical it is so bad.

#7 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • 13,643 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 26 November 2012 - 03:16 PM

We are still a young franchise. Fans just need to man up, we haven't been horrible for decades like some teams.

#8 SCP

SCP

• HUDDLER
  • 20,229 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 03:22 PM

Ed needs to replace that fire hat with a Summers Eve douche box.

#9 Jase

Jase

Kuechold Fantasies

• Administrators
  • 17,093 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC

Posted 26 November 2012 - 03:24 PM

how long has he been around? The Jets have been far worse for far longer before.

#10 Gallagher

Gallagher

Never Doubt Davis

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,266 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA

Posted 26 November 2012 - 03:26 PM

I'm actually going to the Jets Cards game next weekend so I can report back on Fireman Ed and the fatigue of the NYJ fan base.

If any of y'all see a speck of blue in a sea of green while watching a clip of the game on redzone, that'll be me.

#11 ckroush

ckroush

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 03:38 PM

Apparently no one actually read any of the news articles about this.

He's not doing this because the Jets suck. He's quitting because of the hostility of other Jets fans towards him. When he wears a Sanchez jersey, other fans boo him and start arguments with him. He said some of these encounters almost lead to physical altercations (as you can imagine would happen with loudmouth Brooklyn hotheads). He said he is afraid one day he might lose his temper and do something he'll regret.

#12 SCP

SCP

• HUDDLER
  • 20,229 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 03:40 PM

Apparently no one actually read any of the news articles about this.

He's not doing this because the Jets suck. He's quitting because of the hostility of other Jets fans towards him. When he wears a Sanchez jersey, other fans boo him and start arguments with him. He said some of these encounters almost lead to physical altercations (as you can imagine would happen with loudmouth Brooklyn hotheads). He said he is afraid one day he might lose his temper and do something he'll regret.

Read? Lol no way bro. I use conjecture to formulate my opinions.

#13 Fiz

Fiz

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 11,047 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 03:46 PM

fireman ed is a self righteous prick who's "bailing" on the team by not doing the chant anymore. He's also getting threatened by other Jets fans because they think the team has paid him to wear a Sanchez jersey this season.

On top of that, he's quit like six times up to now, and is constantly getting into fights with the team about having to pay full price for his tickets, or not getting enough free shwag.

On top of that, he's actually a dolphins fan.

#14 Brooklyn Bully

Brooklyn Bully

• HUDDLER
  • 8,907 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 04:13 PM

I lost my edge and heart when Jake imploded against the Cards. Still watched every game since, but have never had the excitement I once had or a homer still has. When this organization gives me the correct product, I'll start being more involved again. Until then, water off a duck's back. So whatever floats your boat, Ed.

#15 Doyle

Doyle

Headed to the county line

• HUDDLER
  • 6,148 posts
  • LocationRiverboat Rivera

Posted 26 November 2012 - 04:30 PM

I lost my edge and heart when Jake imploded against the Cards. Still watched every game since, but have never had the excitement I once had or a homer still has. When this organization gives me the correct product, I'll start being more involved again. Until then, water off a duck's back. So whatever floats your boat, Ed.

I don't think I have gone into a single game expecting to win since then.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com