Photo
- - - - -

Fan Fatigue

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
27 replies to this topic

#25 Anybodyhome

Anybodyhome

USN Retired

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 26 November 2012 - 05:44 PM

"Fan fatigue" is a term I haven't heard yet to describe the root cause in the ever-increasing numbers of empty seats and/or seats filled by the opposing teams' fans.

But yes, I'm part of that group by definition. My PSLs are sold after 18 seasons with this team. I lost any emotional ties with the team related to its performance following the Arizona debacle and the Jerry Richardson-led lockout and the subsequent bargain basement roster he put on the field.

I had more fun pulling for the Niners to beat the crap outta the Saints yesterday. I enjoyed watching the Redskins- yes, I said Redskins- take apart the Cowboys on Thanksgiving Day. I had more fun and found myself actually cheering for a football team not named the Panthers for the first time in years. But, on the other hand, I haven't cheered for the Panthers for a couple seasons. I'm done caring one way or the other about the team. I have no expectations and will always wish them well, but their on-the-field disappointments no longer effect me.

#26 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

SUPPORTER

Posted 26 November 2012 - 06:09 PM

Just to be clear, I was looking for a discussion on what it's like cheering for the Panthers these days, not a referendum on Fireman Ed. He was only meant to be an example.

Granted, I realize Huddle threads have a tendency to stray off topic :lol:

#27 RufftownRepresent

RufftownRepresent

Formerly Know As Ruff

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 26 November 2012 - 06:11 PM

Fireman Ed is an attention *****.
Shame on anyone who indulges in giving him attention.

I literally could not agree more.

That dude stands in the middle of the crowd, screaming, yelling, and leading chants. He goes about shoving Giants' fans on TV during the preseason. Then, once his team starts to trend downwards, he immediately bails?

#28 carpantherfan84

carpantherfan84

Abductive Reasoner

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 26 November 2012 - 07:13 PM

honestly, how do we even know about this. I mean does he do interviews or something?

This is what is important with the Jets. Hmmph, well now I know.