Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dpantherman

Peter King lists potential NFL Head Coaches for 2013

60 posts in this topic

Where is Russ Grimm?

IF we go coordinator, I'd like us to think outside the box and try a ST coach like Harbaugh was.

palm face

palm face

Better something outside the box than a retread like Cowher or Koetter or anyone else. John Harbaugh was a ST coach and he's had a winning record and been to the playoffs every single year.

No way JR hires one of Fox's assistants.

I'm putting my money on Kelly or Shaw. IMO both would be incredible hires...Kelly is going to have to convince JR and the GM that he can make his offense work in the NFL. Shaw is going to have to convince GMs that he didn't just piggy-back off of Harbaugh's greatness and his system. Love the guy's attitude though...doesn't back down from anyone.

Better something outside the box than a retread like Cowher or Koetter or anyone else. John Harbaugh was a ST coach and he's had a winning record and been to the playoffs every single year.

Harbough has obviously worked out, but I think that is more an exception to the rule.

I hope we go after someone that has head coaching experience. People around the league were high on Rivera being head coach material, but turns out he has mismanaged games worse than 12 year olds on Madden, and I'm not even being facetious.

Zimmer

Arians

Shaw

For me, in that order.

Harbough has obviously worked out, but I think that is more an exception to the rule.

I hope we go after someone that has head coaching experience. People around the league were high on Rivera being head coach material, but turns out he has mismanaged games worse than 12 year olds on Madden, and I'm not even being facetious.

Harbaugh isn't the exception as he shouldn't be grouped with college coaches. Look at his background, not just the last place he worked and I think Shaw fits that same billing.

We should also be considering Marc Trestman. He is known as a QB Guru, and have had success in the NFL. Look at this resume...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marc_Trestman#NFL

He's coached in the CFL and won back-to-back championships. Could be an interesting hire.

Heh. Where's Chud on the list? I remember fans sweating the idea and scared to death somebody might nab him after last season. Now, nobody would buy that clown a Miller Lite at the airport.

Harbaugh isn't the exception as he shouldn't be grouped with college coaches. Look at his background, not just the last place he worked and I think Shaw fits that same billing.

I don't quite understand all that. All I'm saying is I don't want a special teams coach as our head coach.

I don't quite understand all that. All I'm saying is I don't want a special teams coach as our head coach.

I think he thought we were referring to Jim Harbaugh, not John.

2 people like this

I'm shocked Atlanta's DC Mike Nolan didn't make the list.