Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please Cam... Stop the first down celebration..

108 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

[quote name='dave-o' timestamp='1353979788' post='2016321']
So on this board its supposed to be all unicorns and fairy dust... Got it...
[/quote]
You mistook our critique of Cam for hatred. We love the man. And we love the team. Thanks and Enjoy your stay. In the Bobcats forum!

Posted · Report post

next thing you know he'll be out there with his cellular telephone updating his tweeter account every time he gets a first down! damn kids these days, they don't make 'em like they used to

Posted · Report post

[img]http://jsportsblogger.files.wordpress.com/2012/10/cam-newton-first-down.jpg[/img]

Posted · Report post

what about those fatties that crawl around on their hands and knees after a sack and act like they are throwing a grenade? That's as dumb as it gets

Posted · Report post

Wait a minute, what about Smitty??

Do you get pissed off every time Smitty does his thing after getting a 1st???

Posted · Report post

I do think we celebrate more than any team out there. Smitty celebrates when he runs a good route. Now he has Tolbert doing the ball spin.

I'm not wild about the first down celebration, but this is who Cam is--love it or hate it. I hate it much less when we are winning.

Posted · Report post

I personally don't mind the celebrations....shows emotion.

But, there is a reason why Cam might want to stop them right now. The media is all over this guy. Everything he does just adds fuel to the fire. By stopping them now, you shut them up to some extent.

Again....not bashing for him doing it. Just pointing out that his life might get a little easier if he did.

Posted · Report post

It can be entertaining but can also come off that it is all about me.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='jarhead' timestamp='1354021590' post='2018651']
It can be entertaining but can also come off that it is all about me.
[/quote]

Exactly.

I like the celebration on BIG first downs....on EVERY first down, it can come across wrong.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

We drafted someone that said he was an entertainer and icon--he's going to celebrate.

Posted · Report post

Yea it was cool last year but the act has grown stale. That poo is for corners and receivers, not qb's

Posted · Report post

[quote name='GAme' timestamp='1354023315' post='2018683']
Yea it was cool last year but the act has grown stale. That poo is for corners and receivers, not qb's
[/quote]

I agree. Did anyone see Hangartner grab Cam after his 2nd TD right before Cam was about to do his superman? Cam did the right thing and scratched the celebration and celebrated with his teammates.