Photo
- - - - -

Please Cam... Stop the first down celebration..

• Please log in to reply
107 replies to this topic

#61 Panthro

Panthro

Bunned

• Moderators
  • 23,217 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 12:04 PM

You got it exactly right. I created a post a while back just suggesting that Anderson get a chance to start over Cam and it was moved to the Smack Forum. Of course, this is not a democracy either..... so it is what it is.

Your contributions to the huddle are similar to Armanti Edwards contributions to the Panthers

#62 Growl

Growl

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,867 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 12:07 PM

No. The funny (sad?) thing is that he's right. You'd get two or three solid weeks of "maturity/finally getting it" pieces from the sports media were he to stop celebrating. Peter King would eat a croissant in his honor and give Newton a fluff piece about growing up in MMQB.

Personally, I don't really care one way or the other, but find it a little telling that most who hate it think Smith is badass when he has a stroke after a 4 yard completion.

Peter King would eat two.

#63 EasternJ

EasternJ

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 12:09 PM

Your contributions to the huddle are similar to Armanti Edwards contributions to the Panthers

Oh, and I forgot to mention the rule that you can't be an Armanti Edwards fan, App State grad and a Panthers fan-- it simply isn't allowed. As you see, even the mods hate AE and love to troll people like me who have mentioned him in the past. This place is great!

#64 Panthro

Panthro

Bunned

• Moderators
  • 23,217 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 12:15 PM

Again no one is stopping you from posting your opinions...

#65 EasternJ

EasternJ

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 12:21 PM

Again no one is stopping you from posting your opinions...

And nobody is stopping you from trolling my posts. This is the second time you've stuck your nose in when I've posted and you've mentioned Armanti--- on posts that had nothing to do with him. Do you keep a spreadsheet of what people post about so you can chime in and annoy them when they post? Aren't you a mod and supposed to be one of the grown-ups around here?

#66 Panthro

Panthro

Bunned

• Moderators
  • 23,217 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 12:31 PM

So you weren't trolling the whole board when you said bench Cam Newton for Derek Anderson?

Posted Image

If being a grown-up was a requirement none of the mods/admins would have been chosen or knighted in our case by Zod.

#67 EasternJ

EasternJ

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 12:38 PM

So you weren't trolling the whole board when you said bench Cam Newton for Derek Anderson?

If being a grown-up was a requirement none of the mods/admins would have been chosen or knighted in our case by Zod.

This goes back to my original reply today. This forum is open to almost anything, except criticisms of Cam. This includes suggestions that he be benched in favor of a veteran (pro-bowl, sort of) quarterback, which as we wittnessed, will get your post moved to another forum.

So, was I trolling the entire board when I suggested that a veteran quarterback get a chance to start over a struggling, immature 2nd year quarterback? No, but the fact that even the moderators here can't handle the suggestion is further proof of my point. We can suggest that any other player get benched or cut and that the coach (and owner) be fired, but it is trolling to suggest that the quarterback be benched?

#68 Nicks To The Colts

Nicks To The Colts

shitpost around the clock

• HUDDLER
  • 9,300 posts
  • LocationChapel Hill

Posted 27 November 2012 - 12:42 PM

well easternj sometimes it's difficult to tell the difference between a genuinely idiotic suggestion and trolling on the internet.

i guess they just gave you the benefit of the doubt and assumed you were trolling.

#69 Way Truth Life

Way Truth Life

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 630 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 12:47 PM

He looks like a high schooler......coaches should have stopped this nonsense on day one.

#70 Nicks To The Colts

Nicks To The Colts

• HUDDLER
  • 9,300 posts
  • LocationChapel Hill

Posted 27 November 2012 - 12:50 PM

*makes stupid thread with a beat to death argument/suggestion before a big game and gets summarily flamed and told what to go do*

bawwwwwww why doesn't this board nurture my free speech and blindly accept my well-formed opinions with open arms bawwwww

why is it that we have so many whiners who think this board exists solely to pat them on the butt and hand them a tootsie pop every time they make a new thread or posit an idea.

#71 EasternJ

EasternJ

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 12:53 PM

well easternj sometimes it's difficult to tell the difference between a genuinely idiotic suggestion and trolling on the internet.

i guess they just gave you the benefit of the doubt and assumed you were trolling.

Another person proving my point, but I appreciate your faith in me.

If you suggest that a struggling QB be benched you are a troll or an idiot. I get it. Thanks.

Or perhaps it's just anyone who suggest something that is counter to your opinion must be an idiot. In the future, when someone suggest something that you disagree with, let's have a discussion about it. You could start by providing some reasons why you disagree and I could respond, etc. We could call this a forum and have multiple topics, etc.

#72 YoungPanthers89

YoungPanthers89

Lucy Snorebush

• HUDDLER
  • 10,756 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 27 November 2012 - 12:56 PM

Posted Image

#73 Nicks To The Colts

Nicks To The Colts

• HUDDLER
  • 9,300 posts
  • LocationChapel Hill

Posted 27 November 2012 - 12:57 PM

Another person proving my point, but I appreciate your faith in me.

If you suggest that a struggling QB be benched you are a troll or an idiot. I get it. Thanks.

Or perhaps it's just anyone who suggest something that is counter to your opinion must be an idiot. In the future, when someone suggest something that you disagree with, let's have a discussion about it. You could start by providing some reasons why you disagree and I could respond, etc. We could call this a forum and have multiple topics, etc.

there is nothing to be gained by starting derek anderson. nothing at all, other than fulfilling an emotion-driven desire to see cam benched because you don't like him. also i like the classic non-argument that i'm somehow proving your point by disagreeing with you.

let's think hard about this: would derek anderson have put up four total touchdowns last night? converted key third downs with his legs? granted, cam's two rushing TDs probably would have gone to one of our backs last night, but that's no reason to act like they don't count.

additionally, i think people bring up the armanti stuff because we see this kind of thing out of app state fans frequently. i am one myself (class of 09) and read their fan blogs. they all hate cam for some reason and argue passionately that the panthers are "underutilizing armanti's talents". basically code for "start armanti at quarterback".

#74 Nicks To The Colts

Nicks To The Colts

• HUDDLER
  • 9,300 posts
  • LocationChapel Hill

Posted 27 November 2012 - 01:05 PM

i laugh at the notion that it's just "benching a struggling quarterback". it's rich with subtext-this is a lost season, we're not going to the playoffs, and i'd even put forth that we'd be hard pressed to even win another game starting anderson. we'd be stealing reps from cam for no good reason, and reps are exactly what he needs at this point in his career as his main problems (footwork, decision making, mechanics) are best fixed with a combination of coaching and playing time in a game situation.

#75 EasternJ

EasternJ

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 01:12 PM

there is nothing to be gained by starting derek anderson. nothing at all, other than fulfilling an emotion-driven desire to see cam benched because you don't like him.

it's just not a real argument. also i think people bring up the armanti stuff because we see this kind of thing out of app state fans frequently. i am one myself (class of 09) and read their fan blogs. they all hate cam for some reason.

Thanks for the actual response.

If I was an AE crazy person (there are several here that make me cringe), I would suggest that AE start----then you could say I was trolling or an idiot. And I'm not a Cam hater.

I suggested DA start earlier in the season because Cam really was struggling and if you remember, DA looked good in the preseason. In addition, a little time on the bench isn't the end of the world for a young QB--- might even be a better choice than throwing them directly in. Would I suggest it now? Not necessarily.

Back to the topic.... I'm not a big fan of his celebrations--- but I'm not a big fan of celebrations in general-- especially scripted ones. I've always liked the guys who look like they've been there and not the ones who have been practicing in the mirror.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.