Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Keyshawn on Mike Shula

40 posts in this topic

Posted

I'd try to hire George Whitfield.

Posted

I'd try to hire George Whitfield.

Seriously.

I dont know how it hasn't happened yet.

He has worked with so many guys.

Posted

I could care less about Keyshawn, but he may have a point here.

Did anybody notice during the game Cam sitting beside Shula looking at the pictures? It's the first time I had ever noticed Cam doing this.

The problem I noticed was that Shula more or less had his back turned to Cam and seemed to be discussing things with Anderson. I started watching Shula more closely and it seemed like everytime he was on camera he was talking with Anderson.

Hey coach, try working with you young starting QB. It almost make me thing Shula was trying to learn something from Anderson.

Cam isn't getting any support if his QB coach is (or seems to be) ignoring him during games.

Posted

can anyone name a good QB coach? i mean someone who is still a QB coach. not a OC or HC.

they get promoted quickly

Posted

Something to the effect of "Looking at Mike Shula's resume, nothing tells me that Cam is in a good situation"

Dude has a point...Cam needs a QB coach. What did Shula do with QBs besides that one year with David Gerrard

exactly.

one of the things that had me laughing at that polian interview was the raving he did of shula and said that he was one of the best and he couldn't think of another QB coach he'd rather have.

toooo funny.

this was a concern that i dismissed when he was hired. it didn't make me comfortable at all because of his track record, but i tried telling myself it wasn't that big of a deal.

turns out it was.

Posted

they get promoted too quickly

fixed

Posted

Weinke should be the QB coach

i completely agree with this.

he's like pennington. great head for the game and would be a great coach...just no real success as a player.

Posted

exactly.

one of the things that had me laughing at that polian interview was the raving he did of shula and said that he was one of the best and he couldn't think of another QB coach he'd rather have.

toooo funny.

this was a concern that i dismissed when he was hired. it didn't make me comfortable at all because of his track record, but i tried telling myself it wasn't that big of a deal.

turns out it was.

I'll take Polians word over Keshawn or anybody on this board all day everyday without a second thought. At some point the players have to take some responsibility and the blame anyone on earth but them has to end.

Posted

I'll take Polians word over Keshawn or anybody on this board all day everyday without a second thought. At some point the players have to take some responsibility and the blame anyone on earth but them has to end.

but where's the track record?

where's the evidence of success?

Posted

I'd actually be for the hiring of Weinke as qb coach when/if we have a major staff overhaul. Guy knows his stuff and has a good relationship with Cam. Most good QB coaches weren't good players...take the Harbaughs, Jason Garrett, and Jim Zorn

Posted

I'd hire Warren Moon (assuming he's interested) but in fairness to Shula he oversaw some good years with Garrard.

Posted

i completely agree with this.

he's like pennington. great head for the game and would be a great coach...just no real success as a player.

What?? Pennington definitely isn't a HoFer but he had a million times more success than weinke EVER had

1 person likes this