12 replies to this topic

#1 Bronn

Bronn

Sellsword

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,022 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 08:13 PM

I just sold my first item ever on eBay today... The auction ended around noon and the winning bidder still hasn't paid...

In the past, when I bought stuff, I paid pretty much as soon as the auction was over...

The guy has almost 800 feedback with a 98% rating, so I'm not too concerned... But, how long should I give him? A few days?

#2 TheAmericanDream

TheAmericanDream

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 626 posts
  • LocationTriad

Posted 26 November 2012 - 08:15 PM

Yes a few days is the norm.
He's probably busy and will pay when he gets home.
Don't sweat it.

#3 jasonluckydog

jasonluckydog

Never go full retard

• ALL-PRO
  • 13,287 posts
  • LocationGATOR CREEK- SC

Posted 26 November 2012 - 08:31 PM

you have to wait 7 days before you can open a case against a non payer but to expect payment immediately is unrealistic.

#4 Bronn

Bronn

Sellsword

• HUDDLER
  • 5,022 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 09:28 PM

Oh, I'm not really expecting anything... Just curious how long people usually take from folks with experience selling...

He bought another item this afternoon and already has feedback for it...

I'm also a little concerned that I didn't invoice right or something, since I've never done it before... I didn't add any comments, I just sent the invoice with the price filled out...

Also, I'm trying to get my PayPal verified... did that this morning and found out it takes a couple days... Also read somewhere that, being my first sell, eBay/PayPal may take their sweet time to ensure I'm legit or whatever...

#5 Anybodyhome

Anybodyhome

USN Retired

• HUDDLER
  • 7,094 posts
  • LocationWherever I May Roam

Posted 27 November 2012 - 06:52 AM

If you're waiting on PayPal verification and you're an eBay virgin, he may have paid already, but your PayPal account will not show any activity until it's been verified. Basically your account is frozen and you don't see everything that goes on until they approve everything.

#6 Bronn

Bronn

Sellsword

• HUDDLER
  • 5,022 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 09:08 AM

I've used PayPal for a long time... I've just used CC and not my bank account... Shouldn't it still show up in my PayPal activity?

#7 Bronn

Bronn

Sellsword

• HUDDLER
  • 5,022 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 09:15 AM

Also, my PayPal account is now verified.. So looks like I'm moving in the right direction...

How soon does eBay want me to pay my fees for selling the item? I'm assuming they wait until the transaction is complete on our end?

#8 Guest_Tom Cat_*

Guest_Tom Cat_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 November 2012 - 09:18 AM

e pay will automatically take their cut out of your paypal account - I believe they collect once a month

#9 Bronn

Bronn

Sellsword

• HUDDLER
  • 5,022 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 09:19 AM

ah okay thanks

#10 charlotte49er

charlotte49er

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 4,549 posts
  • LocationCharlotte-Mint HIll, NC

Posted 27 November 2012 - 05:13 PM

you have to wait 7 days before you can open a case against a non payer but to expect payment immediately is unrealistic.

What he said.

#11 Guest_Tom Cat_*

Guest_Tom Cat_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 November 2012 - 05:32 PM

You have the option of demanding immediate payment when you list an item as " buy it now". I always say payment must be made within so many days or you will be reported to e pay as a non paying bidder in my listings. If payment isnt made within a few days I always e mail the buyer and ask if something is wrong before initiating a claim.

#12 jasonluckydog

jasonluckydog

Never go full retard

• ALL-PRO
  • 13,287 posts
  • LocationGATOR CREEK- SC

Posted 27 November 2012 - 06:29 PM

I just sold my first item ever on eBay today... The auction ended around noon and the winning bidder still hasn't paid...

In the past, when I bought stuff, I paid pretty much as soon as the auction was over...

The guy has almost 800 feedback with a 98% rating, so I'm not too concerned... But, how long should I give him? A few days?

Hey Bronn what was you selling if you dont mind?

#13 Bronn

Bronn

Sellsword

• HUDDLER
  • 5,022 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 07:37 PM

It was that Tom Brady RC Auto... 2000 Fleer Autographics... that I had mentioned here in the past...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com