Rivera vs. Gettis

• Please log in to reply
78 replies to this topic

#76 CRA

CRA

• Moderators
  • 24,085 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 06:38 PM

For CRA and those that say Gettis isn't playing due to not being in game shape, and how it would be nearly impossible for him to be in game shape after the long layoff, I have but one question...

Why the hell did they activate him off the PUP list?

Again, why does Steve Smith need a full training camp and preseason to be in game shape? He should be more like Gettis I guess.....

You activate him off PUP to see if he can earn his way onto the field.....not to just randomly leapfrog him over everyone else. There is also a numbers game for spots in play.

Pretty sure some relatively unbiased reporters have said he hasn't looked good in practice in recent weeks.

#77 Pimpdaddy

Pimpdaddy

takin it as it comes

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,859 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 06:53 PM

Riviera hasn't figured out how to manage the game clock, took half of the season to figure out the read option blows, cant figure out how to use 100 million dollar back field, can't close a game but hes going to make an executive decision and say Gettis isn't ready on a 3-8 team. Cam zero's in on Smitty first, Olsen second and barely gets a look at a third....put his azz in there as a decoy and run those DB's ragged if hes so fast, he'll get in shape then......my big ol butt...

#78 DaCityKats

DaCityKats

feed KB 2014

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,506 posts
  • LocationDa City

Posted 29 November 2012 - 07:42 PM

I think its fair to say that for all the reasons mentioned above (limited reps, chemistry with cam, timing off, etc.) you wouldn't be getting an accurate look at him anyways. He would appear much worse than he actually is.

like how Plaxico came from off the streets to still start for the steelers?i do understand its different situations being compared because they had a lot of injures to their WR group, but still that is bs.it has been seen that guys can come from off the street and produce at a decent level, so why cant a guy who has been practicing for 3 weeks.

#79 Razeyfingers

Razeyfingers

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,386 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 07:49 PM

That was a great catch. He also had a crucial third down conversion catch that game. But overall this year don't you think he has been lackluster, dropping passes that should have been caught?

what receiver that plays for us is ballin out this year?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.