Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DeAngelo has got to go

76 posts in this topic

Posted

Hurney magic

Posted

the guys done here - or should be

Posted

I'm fine w this. Clear up cap. Sign a good FA lineman

It doesn't clear cap to move DeAngelo, his bonus accelerates if you cut/trade him....

Posted

It doesn't clear cap to move DeAngelo, his bonus accelerates if you cut/trade him....

Show me or its not true

I want the truth!!...Tom cruise style

Posted

he is overpaid but be honest half of his good runs were called back and getting hit in the back filed before you take two steps should be blamed on either coaching or o line issues

Posted

Show me or its not true

It's true. Sorry.

1 person likes this

Posted

Show me or its not true

http://entertainment.howstuffworks.com/question644.htm

First link I found with the info...

There are drawbacks to signing bonuses for the owner, however. Because the bonus is guaranteed to the player, if the player is released, traded or waived, all of the bonus money that was being prorated throughout the length of the contract is accelerated to the present year. So, if our team released its star player after the third year of his contract (before June 1) for whatever reason, the entire remainder of the bonus, almost $6.3-million, will have to count toward the cap the next year (if the team releases the player after June 1, only the yearly $1.57-million will count the next year, and the remainder will count the subsequent year).

His bonus will accelerate, and all remaining bonus will hit the cap the year you cut him. So that would be 9.6 million that accelerates, unless you cut him after June 1 and then it's 3.2, then 6.4 the next season against the cap....

Posted

I'll wait on P55 to come beat his chest about being right about dwill....

Posted

I don't really see DeAngelo doing anything really special out there that we couldn't get from like a 3rd tier free agent

1 person likes this

Posted

I've defended him as much as I can. He looked like poo tonight. We should've went to Tolbert more often.

Posted

Yeah I'm of Deangelo's crappy play and his no care/cocky status updates on Facebook. Please send him to a different team and sign that Poole or Smith guy that were studs in the Preseason. I promise you they'd be way better and way cheaper

Posted

http://entertainment.howstuffworks.com/question644.htm

First link I found with the info...

His bonus will accelerate, and all remaining bonus will hit the cap the year you cut him. So that would be 9.6 million that accelerates, unless you cut him after June 1 and then it's 3.2, then 6.4 the next season against the cap....

Ughhh this stings...

Thank you for the info

1 person likes this