#46 Rubi

Rubi

Squid Smasher

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,297 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 27 November 2012 - 12:10 AM

Signing bonus is still there if you restructure. Hurney and JR fuged us with these deals....

All we can hope for is a new staff with a scheme that utilizes what we have on the roster. Instead of asking guys to play away from their strengths.
This team would have a chance if we did that from the beginning

#47 CRA

CRA

• Moderators
  • 24,099 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 12:20 AM

This. Can't believe what I'm reading in this thread. The problem isn't Williams.

Sure it is. In this offense. Williams is bad. YPC is comparable to Stewart....only difference is Stewart consistantly grinds out small yards. Williams does nothing over and over hurting drives then has 1 run to give him a YPC near Stewart.

OL wasn't an issue last year. Didn't fit then either. Each passing year he gets worse thanks to Father Time as well

#48 CRA

CRA

• Moderators
  • 24,099 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 12:22 AM

All we can hope for is a new staff with a scheme that utilizes what we have on the roster. Instead of asking guys to play away from their strengths.
This team would have a chance if we did that from the beginning

Heck no.....last thing we need to do is hire another coach and ask him to win with a majority Hurney/Fox roster. THAT is a big reason we suck. Don't want to go back to Fox ball.

#49 emhoward

emhoward

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 12:22 AM

I honestly think the issue with D-Will is 70% scheme and 30% Dwill. Even with this horrible season D-Will isn't far behind J-Stew as far as performance. I believe D-Will is at 3.4 ypc and J-Stew is at 3.6.

This obviously doesn't tell the whole tale, but I think there is a lot of overraction in this thread.

All that being said I agree with others when they say we should look for the first chance to get rid of him, but for me not because of performance, rather it's his contract and the bad fit in the scheme.

If he goes to a team like GB where he can be the primary back I think he could easily still put up 1100 yds with ypc from around 4.7 to 5.1.

#50 Rubi

Rubi

Squid Smasher

• HUDDLER
  • 2,297 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 27 November 2012 - 12:27 AM

Heck no.....last thing we need to do is hire another coach and ask him to win with a majority Hurney/Fox roster. THAT is a big reason we suck. Don't want to go back to Fox ball.

What I meant was playing to whoever is on our roster, their strengths. Didn't say keep dead weight around. My point is if we have I formation backs....run I form...not read option

If we have a receiving TE...ask him to receive....not block Von Miller one on one...

Stuff like that. Utilize our strengths...

#51 Growl

Growl

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 6,059 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 12:29 AM

Stewart was 8 carries for 27 yards. That's fuging dreadful.

if William's 11 yard run doesn't get called back, he had a better game than Stewart.

Both of our backs are good. Scheme and blocking are not.

Eh.. The stats really don't tell the story here..

#52 Jacket60

Jacket60

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 12:32 AM

Sure it is. In this offense. Williams is bad. YPC is comparable to Stewart....only difference is Stewart consistantly grinds out small yards. Williams does nothing over and over hurting drives then has 1 run to give him a YPC near Stewart.

OL wasn't an issue last year. Didn't fit then either. Each passing year he gets worse thanks to Father Time as well

Yes, OL wasn't an issue last year, which is why Williams had 836 yards and 7 touchdowns. OL is an issue this year. It's quite obvious. Even Stewart had 761 yards and 4 touchdowns. Neither of them will come close to those numbers this year. Has nothing to do with "fitting" or "father time". I wouldn't call 836 yards with 7 TDs bad, considering he split carries with two other people.

#53 Marguide

Marguide

South of the Border

• HUDDLER
  • 5,403 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 12:37 AM

All I know is Cam looked like a much more skilled runner tonight than DWill. That is not a good sign.

#54 rico6

rico6

Shit.

• HUDDLER
  • 6,675 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 12:39 AM

Injury prone stewy aint much better

#55 Jim Harbaugh

Jim Harbaugh

__Ready To Win__

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 226 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 12:45 AM

n/m

#56 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 15,434 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 01:10 AM

only difference is Stewart consistantly grinds out small yards.

No, he really doesn't. He gets stuffed for losses and no gains constantly.

#57 Guest_Tom Cat_*

Guest_Tom Cat_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 November 2012 - 01:11 AM

Play tolbet more- what the hell did we hire the guy for - he aint no hoover type of run blocker ?

#58 iamhubby1

iamhubby1

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,249 posts
  • LocationSpartanburg, SC

Posted 27 November 2012 - 01:27 AM

That was 2008.....4 yrs is a long time ago in the NFL. He isn't the same RB. Yes, he isn't ideal for our system.....but his age is showing. Does with most RBs as they near 30.

AP would be fine in this offense.....he doesn't go down and he can make his own play.

I do believe you are starting to get way over yourself here. If Stewy can't run in this system. How is AP supposed to? They are similar, tough guy, runners. Or at least that is what you keep telling us. Stewy can make plays by himself.

I thought you said that this Offense fits Stewy. It sure doesn't look that way this year does it?

It is not all on DWill this year. If you cannot see our Oline problems. You are not looking.

#59 Gabeking

Gabeking

• HUDDLER
  • 3,306 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 01:31 AM

It sucks though cause if we used him correctly along with jstew we could've been so much more dominant, am I crazy to say that as bad of an OC Jeff Davidson was, he still utilized jstew and D will better than Chud ever did?? Sucks it had to come to this for dwill

#60 snewcombe93

snewcombe93

NEWB

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 09:08 AM

I really Love D-Will he has been so key for us in the past. Remember the 2008 season, Remember when Double Trouble was actually trouble and both backs ran for 1100 yards. That was the John Fox era of run run run punt. The system worked for those backs. Stewart would pound it up the middle and the Williams would break one down the sideline. It was great to be a Panthers running back in those days. Now with Chud and Rivera not to mention Cam and then 3 strong rbs. The defense is spying and putting more guys in the box to stop Cam from running and that plus our horrible line is making our backs look terrible. Our rbs are tired Williams is getting old, Stewart is having the majority of the load and tough running put on him and his injury prone body, and why did we sign Tolbert because I can clearly see we aren't utilizing him. It may be time for Williams to move on but I believe that once we get a better line and once we rethink how we use our backs he might prove to be worthy of a spot. All that said he is playing terrible right now and should be traded, he shouldn't be released. The Panthers should get something for him.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.