• Please log in to reply
75 replies to this topic

#61 jtm

jtm

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,557 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 10:16 AM

Sad to see DW turn into a paycheck player. Hopefully he gets traded somewhere and gets the passion back.

#62 fjblair

fjblair

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 834 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 10:19 AM

Funny how 2 years ago he was worth 40 million or whatever and now the huddle has deemed him worthless. Hmm.

#63 CRA

CRA

• Moderators
  • 23,641 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 10:26 AM

Sad to see DW turn into a paycheck player. Hopefully he gets traded somewhere and gets the passion back.

he also needs a Delorean time machine.....

30 is still 30. Rare that RBs continue playing well as they approach that marker. Father time > miles.

#64 nosuchthingasapanther

nosuchthingasapanther

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,901 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 12:46 PM

Stewart was 8 carries for 27 yards. That's fuging dreadful.

if William's 11 yard run doesn't get called back, he had a better game than Stewart.

Both of our backs are good. Scheme and blocking are not.

stewart's carries... 6, 5, 12, 9, -7, -4, 4, 2

williams carries...2, -1, 3, -2, 2, 0, 0, 4, 15, 3, 4, 3

the red are runs that were called back.

stewart's negative runs cam when he got hit as soon as he touched the ball. i remember on one of them he didn't even take a single step.

even if runs weren't called back, who had a better game?

#65 Darth Bobo

Darth Bobo

The Dude

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 259 posts
  • LocationRTP

Posted 27 November 2012 - 01:17 PM

Isn't it true that in years prior, DeAngelo made his bread and butter playing the 3 back in the I formation, that is directly behind the FULLBACK. Who exactly is DWill's lead blocker now? I'm not sure that we've been using either Stewart, Tolbert, or Hartsock to block in the I.

The times when I've noticed FAIL from DeAngelo this year was in poorly sold (by Cam) shotguns or when handed off late in a zone read-option, and he had to shift sides. But if a hole is going to open up, at least one shifting defender must eventually be overpowered laterally, and I'm just not seeing that happen. Zone blocking improves only with experience, and our peacemeal O-line doesn't have that chemistry. When DeAngelo gets his second look, it still sucks.

I remember a few years ago when DeAngelo had just been drafted, and he was often called a scat back, meaning he could go back and forth from side to side until he found the whole and then dart through it, contrasting at the time with a bulkier Foster who had beefed up to run downhill. Somehow, scatting about the field is no longer a forte for DeAngelo and that has nothing to do with play calling and is probably related to lower leg and ankle health. DWill is no longer a whipper snapper, and he ought to have compensated by becoming a better receiver, and better blocker, which is usually what older backs do to stay in the league.

From here forward, if you are going to pin the "schemes" on DWill, how about you say specifically which "schemes" you think aren't working and why? As it stands, most of this thread's criticisms of DWIll are too nebulous to mean anything.

#66 Peppers90 NC

Peppers90 NC

• HUDDLER
  • 8,245 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 01:36 PM

he is very capable in a pro style offense. Let's let our new GM worry about this.

#67 sharkman

sharkman

lurker

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 262 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 27 November 2012 - 01:36 PM

D Will has averaged 8.3 carries a game this year with a 3.2 yard average.

J Stew has averaged 10.3 carries a game this year with a 3.6 yard average.

The backfield isn't the problem (unless you start counting the Cap hit).
It's the play calls more than anything.

#68 Pimpdaddy

Pimpdaddy

takin it as it comes

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,841 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 01:59 PM

Problem isn't Dwill.... its the Oline and this abortion we call Chudvera.....i really thought those guys would be able to evaluate the talent we have and create an offense for all to excel in capitalizing on the special skills of each...NOT

#69 Growl

Growl

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 5,452 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 02:16 PM

I said it last night and I'll say it again.

Regardless of what you think of D'lo, how can any Panther fan in good conscious justify keeping him after watching the likes of Andre And Bryce Brown destroy us.

You can find good RBs working the checkout counter at your local Walmart neighborhood market. They are everywhere.

Deangelo has a massive contract, and is the oldest of our three backs, and hasn't shown to be effective in this offense, and while the offense will change some next year, you will still see elements of it.

Everybody likes the guy, but you can not justify keeping him. There isn't a single reason to.

#70 Lilsmitty09

Lilsmitty09

Nflpanthers07

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,670 posts
  • LocationWashington State

Posted 27 November 2012 - 02:17 PM

you guys realize all of his carries were ones where he started running 5 yards behind the los? He still has it, dumbass coaches just don't give him a chance

#71 nosuchthingasapanther

nosuchthingasapanther

• HUDDLER
  • 4,901 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 03:03 PM

you guys realize all of his carries were ones where he started running 5 yards behind the los? He still has it, dumbass coaches just don't give him a chance

under what formation does a running back start closer than 5 yards behind the line of scrimmage?

#72 SpeedOFLight

SpeedOFLight

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 951 posts
  • LocationGreensboro NC

Posted 27 November 2012 - 03:30 PM

Do you really expect him to gain when two defenders are always meeting him in the backfield? Dwill is not a problem period. Stewart is not be problem. It's the scheme and blocking. You do realize that we haven't had a hundred yard rusher in a long time. Why? This scheme does not fit this team. We have the talent but they are not being utilized properly.

#73 Bronn

Bronn

Sellsword

• HUDDLER
  • 4,415 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 03:32 PM

Our option offense isn't fooling anyone, and it is causing worlds of problems not just on our run game, but our passing game as well...

DWill is still great in the right system... Right now, none of our RBs have any time to let lanes develop...

We need to totally abandon the option for 99% of the run game, and stick to more zone blocking schemes that both DWill and Stewart can flourish in...

Our option isn't even fooling opposing defenses enough to allow us to run most of our screens effectively...

#74 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 19,700 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 04:14 PM

guess I better cancel my morris jenkins appointment. :(

#75 Mrs Pantherfan

Mrs Pantherfan

Lusting on Zod

• HUDDLER
  • 4,760 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 04:17 PM

guess I better cancel my morris jenkins appointment. :(

Dude...$9 service calls!!?? c'mon man...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.