Photo
- - - - -

Blazers want Felton?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
16 replies to this topic

#1 Black

Black

Don't Make Me Get Money and Platinumize My Body

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,676 posts

Posted 13 December 2008 - 08:52 AM

Sources say Charlotte remains highly confident that it can follow up the Richardson deal by finding a taker for versatile swingman Gerald Wallace, despite the prospect of three seasons at $9.5 million each left on Wallace's contract beyond this season. It's believed that teams interested in trying to pry Raymond Felton away from the Bobcats instead of Wallace -- Portland has been mentioned -- have to be willing to take back mothballed center Nazr Mohammed (owed a combined $13.4 million in 2009-2010 and 2010-11) thanks to Felton's improvement since being moved to shooting guard alongside rookie point guard D.J. Augustin. One source close to the situation said that new Bobcats coach Larry Brown had already been grinding on vets such as Richardson and Wallace, which has apparently fed into Brown's famed penchant for wanting to make changes.

not sure who we would get from Portland, but it would be nice to dump Nazr

honestly, i think i like the overhaul idea

#2 pantherfan49

pantherfan49

Angry inventor

• HUDDLER
  • 5,455 posts

Posted 13 December 2008 - 11:33 AM

That Mohammed trade is still one of the biggest head scratchers for this franchise.

#3 Zaximus

Zaximus

I'm Brett Jensen

• HUDDLER
  • 5,095 posts

Posted 13 December 2008 - 12:13 PM

I'd be for it just to get rid of him, then we'd have money next offseason.

Face it guys, we may be playing for next year.

#4 App Panther

App Panther

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 166 posts

Posted 13 December 2008 - 12:20 PM

Portland is LOADED with young talent. There is no way we would get ripped off if we could make a deal so ship Nazzi and Felton out there. The guys I'm guessing Portland wants to ship out are: Przybilla,Fernandez,Outlaw,Blake,Frye and Webster. Przybilla and Fernandez/Blake for Felton and Nazzi seems like a steal to me.

#5 Black

Black

Don't Make Me Get Money and Platinumize My Body

• HUDDLER
  • 2,676 posts

Posted 13 December 2008 - 12:24 PM

why in the world would we want Pryzbilla....if anything we need to get Aldridge

#6 App Panther

App Panther

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 166 posts

Posted 13 December 2008 - 12:59 PM

why in the world would we want Pryzbilla....if anything we need to get Aldridge

Roy,Aldridge,Oden and Bayless are untouchable according to the Blazers. Pryzbilla is a big that LB has been looking for. Just give LB what he wants, and if he can't win he can't complain.

#7 kman72

kman72

Sports Maniac

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,075 posts

Posted 13 December 2008 - 01:02 PM

aldridge would be amazing! he has really turned into a scorer. id be willing to throw in anybody except DJ to get aldridge.

i wonder if they would do something like okafor and felton for aldridge and pryzbilla. that would be amazing!

that would give us great size.

PG- DJ, singletary
SG -carrol, shannon brown(i like brown better than carrol, i just like the lineup better with him in second string. carrol an morrison cant play on the same line)
SF -wallace, morrison
PF- Diaw, ajinca, hollins
C- Aldridge, pryzbilla, juwan howard

Edited by kman72, 13 December 2008 - 01:24 PM.

#8 Zaximus

Zaximus

I'm Brett Jensen

• HUDDLER
  • 5,095 posts

Posted 13 December 2008 - 03:18 PM

Mark my words, Okafor isn't going anywhere. He's not a problem, he's the only thing keeping us from getting dominated even more. We're looking for someone to COMPLIMENT him. IMO, Okafor is the only safe one on this team, him and DJ.

#9 Wanderlai

Wanderlai

• HUDDLER
  • 3,381 posts

Posted 13 December 2008 - 04:15 PM

No way Portland parts with Aldridge, I wish, but no. I would be happy with a Felton/Nazi trade for Frye/Webster. Then they could look to move Crash.

#10 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• ALL-PRO
  • 11,714 posts

Posted 13 December 2008 - 05:04 PM

No way Portland parts with Aldridge, I wish, but no. I would be happy with a Felton/Nazi trade for Frye/Webster. Then they could look to move Crash.

I actually like that trade, but who do we move crash for? The clippers trade keeps coming up.

#11 RedMage138

RedMage138

YES!YES!YES!

• HUDDLER
  • 2,533 posts

Posted 13 December 2008 - 09:49 PM

Rudy Fernandez... YES PLEASE!

#12 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• HUDDLER
  • 7,847 posts

Posted 14 December 2008 - 09:40 AM

[quote name='Wanderlai']No way Portland parts with Aldridge, I wish, but no. I would be happy with a Felton/Nazi trade for Frye/Webster. Then they could look to move Crash.[/QUOTE

I like your trade but still want too keep G-force. I see no need in getting rid of him.

#13 kman72

kman72

Sports Maniac

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,075 posts

Posted 14 December 2008 - 01:03 PM

thats whats im thinkin, what would you trade gerald for? another SF? im satisfied with our bigs for now, we dont need a starter, just a solid role player who can score some. why trade wallace, who is a solid 3, for another 3? and PG is fine with felton and DJ. a SG? if you do that, where does carrol and morrison and brown play? the 3? haha

keep wallace, he is still improving his game. he really has gotten better at Free throws and his "set" jump shot. id trade felton if a deal came along for a starting quality sg.

#14 Wanderlai

Wanderlai

• HUDDLER
  • 3,381 posts

Posted 14 December 2008 - 02:52 PM

thats whats im thinkin, what would you trade gerald for? another SF? im satisfied with our bigs for now, we dont need a starter, just a solid role player who can score some. why trade wallace, who is a solid 3, for another 3? and PG is fine with felton and DJ. a SG? if you do that, where does carrol and morrison and brown play? the 3? haha

keep wallace, he is still improving his game. he really has gotten better at Free throws and his "set" jump shot. id trade felton if a deal came along for a starting quality sg.

LB doesnt like Crash IMO, so I think Felton and him are on borrowed time in Charlotte. If they trade with Portland and get Frye, they can play Diaw at SF, Frye at PF, Oak at C, webster at SG and DJ at PG. They could also start Ammo in a Crash trade.

#15 Htar

Htar

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 14 December 2008 - 03:24 PM

We really need to be hopeful that we can win the lottery a few years back to back, atleast with top two picks like with did early with LJ and Mourning...We are not drafting high enough or smart enough to acquire the right talent.