Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

We saw the cam of last year tonight

48 posts in this topic

Posted

against a team who is just as bad or even worse than the panthers.

In all honesty, the Panthers have been playing quite well. They have held the 2nd half score 18 time and have lost it 12 times. There is no excuse for that. This team, like I've said before, is it's own worst enemy. It has not a single thing to do with who they play. It boils down to their mentality.

I've seen the Panthers go toe to toe with the best of them. It seems the they either don't know how too or is afraid of putting the dagger into their opponents chest when they have them down.

The day this team adapts a killed or be killed attitude, you will see them starting to beat them more than lose to them, no matter who they play.

Posted

Denver is a good team the eagles suck, while he played great there is work to be done...

Okay, and believe me I realize that. I'm allowed to say he's brutal when he's brutal... and I'm allowed to be ecstatic when he plays well....

Posted

Denver is a good team the eagles suck, while he played great there is work to be done...

Our OL didn't show up in the slightest vs. Denver either. Reference Aaron Rodger's performance last night to see what an elite QB looks like when his OL just plain doesn't show up.

2 people like this

Posted

Okay, and believe me I realize that. I'm allowed to say he's brutal when he's brutal... and I'm allowed to be ecstatic when he plays well....

I am among Cams biggest critics, I do think he has shown marked improvement lately.

The option is his biggest enemy he operates much more smoothly under center.

3 people like this

Posted

Was it just me, or was the pass in the end-zone to Lafell's outside shoulder that Lafell dropped right in his hands?

1 person likes this

Posted

two weeks ago against denver he was very bad.

today he was terrific. Whats your point

The point is, Cam shouldn't be the entire team. You have 10 guys out there with him on offense. When he's having a bad day, it's time for them to step up even more. That is the problem with this team's offense. It's all squarely on Cam's shoulder and it's shows. Even worst is, some of you fans feel that's the way it's suppose to be. No it's not.

Wrong mentality.

3 people like this

Posted

Was it just me, or was the pass in the end-zone to Lafell's outside shoulder that Lafell dropped right in his hands?

It was, but the DB got a hand in there. Ideally, Cam puts that ball about 3 feet higher when LaFell can go up and get it but the DB doesn't stand a chance.

Posted

Our OL didn't show up in the slightest vs. Denver either. Reference Aaron Rodger's performance last night to see what an elite QB looks like when his OL just plain doesn't show up.

Chuds play calling sure doesn't help him.

2 people like this

Posted

two weeks ago against denver he was very bad.

today he was terrific. Whats your point

Not really. The oline was horrid that game. Peyton Manning would have looked worst. They literally gave up. Outside of that game the oline has been pretty good all things considered.

The Seattle game was the game that Newton flat out sucked.

But again, Newton has to play close to perfect for his team to beat a team without its QB, WR, RB, makeshift Oline to get a one possession win.

2 people like this

Posted

Stop making sense.

It seems the whole everything is on the QB's back, is a normal thinking with many on this site. They don't realize that a QB's job is to simply pass and throw the ball. They seem to be quick to ignore all of the receiver's on the team, mistakes and can only focus on ever mistake Cam makes. It's no wonder he plays like it's him against the other team.

I watched the game closely tonight and two or three times Cam throw a perfect ball that touched the gloves of a receiver only to have him drop it. There is the saying if your gloves touches the ball, it's yours to catch. I guess that saying doesn't apply to the receivers on this team.

3 people like this

Posted

The point is, Cam shouldn't be the entire team. You have 10 guys out there with him on offense. When he's having a bad day, it's time for them to step up even more. That is the problem with this team's offense. It's all squarely on Cam's shoulder and it's shows. Even worst is, some of you fans feel that's the way it's suppose to do. No it's not.

Wrong mentality.

I have said, if the fans, the players, and the coaches expected the same from the other starters on the panthers that they do from Cam, we would --at worst-- be 7-4.

MVP Matt Ryan could go out and throw 5 ints and his team still wins...why? because as you said...mentality...

For example, the play that Cam scrambled on...only to have Lafell and another WR just look at him...not working to get open...not try to come back to the ball or even block...they are LITERALLY watching the show...

Wrong mentality.

3 people like this

Posted

The point is, Cam shouldn't be the entire team. You have 10 guys out there with him on offense. When he's having a bad day, it's time for them to step up even more. That is the problem with this team's offense. It's all squarely on Cam's shoulder and it's shows. Even worst is, some of you fans feel that's the way it's suppose to be. No it's not.

Wrong mentality.

he was real bad against denver on his own.