• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#11 Mage

Mage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 27 November 2012 - 02:49 AM

WTF are u talking about?????????????

If anything the refs screwed him out of the sack by blowing the play dead prior to CJ getting to him which was BS (though not unusual for refs to screw the team or a player over)

Further more, even if it were a designed QB run, if he's tackled behind the line of scrimmage it's still a sack genius... You obviously don't even know the rules.... Smh

Do you people even watch the games? This place has gotten absolutely ridiculous!

What are you talking about?

And no, a designed QB run does not equal a sack even if he is tackled behind the LOS. That was the case earlier with JJ Watt having a sack taken away when they reviewed it as his tackle on Tannehill was a designed QB run.

http://blog.chron.co...-away-from-him/

Thanks for insulting me though. Much appreciated.

It's like calling whenever Newton is tackled behind the LOS on a speed option or triple option or zone read option a sack. It's not. A sack occurs when you tackle the quarterback while he's in the process of passing and the offensive line is in pass protection. It's not a sack if the offensive line is clearly run blocking, where the OL will typically let the backside defensive end go free because the play is not going his way (which is why you see guys like Ware and JPP go unblocked on runs to the opposite side and sometimes they end up managing to run it down from behind).

#12 Ivan The Awesome

Ivan The Awesome

Keep Pounding...all the way to...the draft! :D

• LocationNC
SUPPORTER

Posted 27 November 2012 - 03:07 AM

Oh man, remember the dudes that said Keiser>Hardy....man that was fun.

#13 KSpan

KSpan

Bow-chicka-wow-wow!

• LocationKansas City
SUPPORTER

Posted 27 November 2012 - 07:40 AM

Oh man, remember the dudes that said Keiser>Hardy....man that was fun.

Before Hardy flipped his lightswitch earlier this year, Keiser was frequently the more effective player of the two. Now, however, the Kraken has settled that argument.

#14 SuperMan

SuperMan

I'm always holding back.

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationRaleigh,NC
HUDDLER

Posted 27 November 2012 - 09:30 AM

It should be noted that as of right now...

Charles Johnson 9 sacks
Greg Hardy 8 sacks

Julius Peppers 6 sacks....

#15 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

Moderators

Posted 27 November 2012 - 09:34 AM

that whole Dline has been a great surprise this year. still could be a lot better against the run, but man it can get pressure on that QB. i love it.

#16 Doyle

Doyle

Headed to the county line

• LocationRichardson's toilet
HUDDLER

Posted 27 November 2012 - 09:38 AM

WTF are u talking about?????????????

If anything the refs screwed him out of the sack by blowing the play dead prior to CJ getting to him which was BS (though not unusual for refs to screw the team or a player over)

Further more, even if it were a designed QB run, if he's tackled behind the line of scrimmage it's still a sack genius... You obviously don't even know the rules.... Smh

Do you people even watch the games? This place has gotten absolutely ridiculous!

Roid rage???

#17 SuperMan

SuperMan

I'm always holding back.

• LocationRaleigh,NC
HUDDLER

Posted 27 November 2012 - 09:38 AM

that whole Dline has been a great surprise this year. still could be a lot better against the run, but man it can get pressure on that QB. i love it.

That's why I'm on the Star bandwagon, I believe with him and and a cover fs we could have a dominant defense...

To think so many pundits ranked our dline as the worst in the nfl before the season. Dwan Edwards is the pickup of the year the pressure he gets up the middle has made it so opposing QBs can't step up.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users