Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The biggest fear in my life

44 posts in this topic

Posted

Rivera is a great coach. We have been in every game but 1 this year. I want to see him here next year. Improve our o-line in the offseason, get a couple of good DB's and a WR and we are in the playoffs.

his game management has singlehandedly cost us what would have been winning points many, many times. he was a very good, perhaps even borderline great DC, but i don't think he has the mind for the big picture kind of decisions a head coach needs to be able to make instinctively.

Posted

Really, barely beating a bad team like the Eagles and people think we can possibly win 4 or 5 outta 6? This is certainly our soft part of the schedule but new GM's usually mean new HC's.

Posted

It isn't going to happen but if it did I will be happy for our team, players, and coaches for being able to hang in there through the tough times and stay focused. I will never hope for the Panthers to lose. If I did that I wouldn't even watch the games.

Posted

his game management has singlehandedly cost us what would have been winning points many, many times. he was a very good, perhaps even borderline great DC, but i don't think he has the mind for the big picture kind of decisions a head coach needs to be able to make instinctively.

We wouldn't be having this discussing if Cam didnt fumble the first down in ATL or if Cam had made that pass on 4th and 1 against the Seahawks.

Rivera has learned a ton this year. I truly believe he is worth 1 more year.

1 person likes this

Posted

hahaha funniest thing I've heard in a long time. I didn't know standing on the sidelines looking like you had a stick up your ass makes you a great coach.

I hate how people on here act like they know what goes on off of the field. Do you think that if Rivera was running around, screaming at his players, that THAT would make him a great coach?

Posted

We wouldn't be having this discussing if Cam didnt fumble the first down in ATL or if Cam had made that pass on 4th and 1 against the Seahawks.

Rivera has learned a ton this year. I truly believe he is worth 1 more year.

we also wouldn't be having this discussion if rivera had left the offense on the field and asked cam, tolbert, stewart, or whoever to gain a single yard and ice it against the falcons. instead, he punted and we lost.

he had a chance to put up the biggest win for this team since 2009 and he blew it. of course cam shouldn't have fumbled but he also didn't willingly give the ball back to matt ryan, a guy who does almost nothing but lead clutch drives in the regular season. he's either complicit with or responsible for the terrible games chud has been calling on offense as well. there are other examples but ultimately the buck stops with him.

just watch any game where the panthers have the ball right before the half. terrible clock management, awful playcalling, and a preference for giving up instead of fighting for points.

no more "learning on the job". we've wasted two seasons of development for the young players on this team and also burned steve smith's candle down even further. bring in someone who can win on day one and begin the arduous, painful process of developing a winning culture in this franchise.

Posted

My biggest fear is something happening to my son, my wife or my brother. Panthers come somewhere way behind those.

guess you're just not a very good fan then....insert sarcasm smiley here!

Posted

This ranks 2nd to erectile dysfunction.

Posted

I fear more that we fall out of the top 5 in the draft and miss out on one of the best DT prospects since Suh

1 person likes this

Posted

1.we also wouldn't be having this discussion if rivera had left the offense on the field and asked cam, tolbert, stewart, or whoever to gain a single yard and ice it against the falcons. instead, he punted and we lost.

he had a chance to put up the biggest win for this team since 2009 and he blew it. of course cam shouldn't have fumbled but he also didn't willingly give the ball back to matt ryan, a guy who does almost nothing but lead clutch drives in the regular season. he's either complicit with or responsible for the terrible games chud has been calling on offense as well. there are other examples but ultimately the buck stops with him.

2.just watch any game where the panthers have the ball right before the half. terrible clock management, awful playcalling, and a preference for giving up instead of fighting for points.

no more "learning on the job". we've wasted two seasons of development for the young players on this team and also burned steve smith's candle down even further. 3. bring in someone who can win on day one and begin the arduous, painful process of developing a winning culture in this franchise.

#1 would not have happened it Cam didn't fumble the ball. Cam doesn't fumble and the game is over.

#2 This is how the majority of coaches play it. Its not a game of Madden. Think about John Fox. He played the same way and took us to some pretty important games and is still a great coach. (side note, I certainly thought it was John Fox's time to leave)

#3 I dont see ANYONE coming in here there first year and doing that besides perhaps Bill Cowher and there's about a 0% chance he's here next season.

I would also like to note that if Steve Smith didn't slip in Chicago we would have easily of defeated the Chicago Bears. Was that Rivera's fault?

Bottom line. I dont see a coaching prospect that can come in next year and give us a better chance of winning than Ron Rivera. I believe that next year is his make it or break it year. If he doesnt get us to the playoffs NEXT year I whole heartedly believe that he should be gone.

1 person likes this

Posted

Rivera is a great coach. We have been in every game but 1 this year. I want to see him here next year. Improve our o-line in the offseason, get a couple of good DB's and a WR and we are in the playoffs.

6-10 and 3-8. Rivera isn't a great coach.

Posted

Ron Rivera made this become his make or break year. This isn't a 'have two shitty seasons and the 3rd season is free' type of environment. And how do some of you figure we go 8-8 and still make the playoffs? We've lost to every NFC contender and only have AFC and division games left :lolu: