#17 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,740 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

Posted 27 November 2012 - 09:26 AM

The odds that a new GM keeps the incumbent head coach is about 2%. If the new GM ends up keeping Rivera it's because he believes that the problems were something else, which would likely mean that there has been other stuff going on behind the scenes that we don't know about.

If Rivera stays you can pretty much bet on a coaching overhaul in every other aspect - Chud gone, McDermot gone, etc.

But, like I said, the odds are VERY slight that he's retained.

#18 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• ALL-PRO
  • 42,250 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 27 November 2012 - 10:47 AM

Regardless of what happens to Rivera, I have no interest in Gruden.

And there's no evidence that Gruden wants the Panthers' job. The Eagles, maybe.

#19 arc

arc

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 408 posts
  • LocationUnited States of America

Posted 27 November 2012 - 10:50 AM

Also keep in mind Rivera interviewed 9 previous times for a HC job the years when some of the teams one of our potential GMs work for were looking for a HC minus the Giants. There's a good chance we get a guy who knew before this season started Rivera isn't HC material.

#20 1989

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 689 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 10:59 AM

Rivera is a great coach. We have been in every game but 1 this year. I want to see him here next year. Improve our o-line in the offseason, get a couple of good DB's and a WR and we are in the playoffs.

#21 BBQ&Beer

BBQ&Beer

The good actor

• HUDDLER
  • 3,965 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 27 November 2012 - 11:09 AM

The biggest fear in my life is giving sugary treats to a horse named Buttercup, who not only turns out to be a police horse but has diabeetus & it dies & I wind up in jail while my pothead friends try to sell weed to get me out while I live in fear of getting the sensation of running backwards & naked through a cornfield....

What?...

#22 j2sgam

j2sgam

cant beat the original...

• HUDDLER
  • 4,079 posts
  • Locationtryin to figure it out...

Posted 27 November 2012 - 12:12 PM

...and Funyuns..Yeah, Funyuns......

#23 Lilsmitty09

Lilsmitty09

Actually....LilKB14

• HUDDLER
  • 2,038 posts
  • LocationWashington State

Posted 27 November 2012 - 12:20 PM

Rivera is a great coach. We have been in every game but 1 this year. I want to see him here next year. Improve our o-line in the offseason, get a couple of good DB's and a WR and we are in the playoffs.

hahaha funniest thing I've heard in a long time. I didn't know standing on the sidelines looking like you had a stick up your ass makes you a great coach.

#24 Dpantherman

Dpantherman

certified pee-on

• HUDDLER
  • 26,475 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 12:51 PM

As bad as we are, the Eagles are HORRID.

#25 I Mean He Was Found Guilty

I Mean He Was Found Guilty

We dominated time of possession though!

• ALL-PRO
  • 10,983 posts
  • LocationChapel Hill

Posted 27 November 2012 - 02:20 PM

his game management has singlehandedly cost us what would have been winning points many, many times. he was a very good, perhaps even borderline great DC, but i don't think he has the mind for the big picture kind of decisions a head coach needs to be able to make instinctively.

#26 Peppers90 NC

Peppers90 NC

• HUDDLER
  • 10,186 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 02:24 PM

Really, barely beating a bad team like the Eagles and people think we can possibly win 4 or 5 outta 6? This is certainly our soft part of the schedule but new GM's usually mean new HC's.

#27 Herbert The Love Bug

Herbert The Love Bug

Stripper Name: Bo Dangles

• HUDDLER
  • 12,567 posts
  • Locationtied to your basement wall

Posted 27 November 2012 - 02:51 PM

It isn't going to happen but if it did I will be happy for our team, players, and coaches for being able to hang in there through the tough times and stay focused. I will never hope for the Panthers to lose. If I did that I wouldn't even watch the games.

#28 1989

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 689 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 02:54 PM

his game management has singlehandedly cost us what would have been winning points many, many times. he was a very good, perhaps even borderline great DC, but i don't think he has the mind for the big picture kind of decisions a head coach needs to be able to make instinctively.

We wouldn't be having this discussing if Cam didnt fumble the first down in ATL or if Cam had made that pass on 4th and 1 against the Seahawks.

Rivera has learned a ton this year. I truly believe he is worth 1 more year.

#29 1989

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 689 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 02:58 PM

hahaha funniest thing I've heard in a long time. I didn't know standing on the sidelines looking like you had a stick up your ass makes you a great coach.

I hate how people on here act like they know what goes on off of the field. Do you think that if Rivera was running around, screaming at his players, that THAT would make him a great coach?

#30 I Mean He Was Found Guilty

I Mean He Was Found Guilty

We dominated time of possession though!

• ALL-PRO
  • 10,983 posts
  • LocationChapel Hill

Posted 27 November 2012 - 03:08 PM

We wouldn't be having this discussing if Cam didnt fumble the first down in ATL or if Cam had made that pass on 4th and 1 against the Seahawks.

Rivera has learned a ton this year. I truly believe he is worth 1 more year.

we also wouldn't be having this discussion if rivera had left the offense on the field and asked cam, tolbert, stewart, or whoever to gain a single yard and ice it against the falcons. instead, he punted and we lost.

he had a chance to put up the biggest win for this team since 2009 and he blew it. of course cam shouldn't have fumbled but he also didn't willingly give the ball back to matt ryan, a guy who does almost nothing but lead clutch drives in the regular season. he's either complicit with or responsible for the terrible games chud has been calling on offense as well. there are other examples but ultimately the buck stops with him.

just watch any game where the panthers have the ball right before the half. terrible clock management, awful playcalling, and a preference for giving up instead of fighting for points.

no more "learning on the job". we've wasted two seasons of development for the young players on this team and also burned steve smith's candle down even further. bring in someone who can win on day one and begin the arduous, painful process of developing a winning culture in this franchise.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com