• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,084 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 07:40 AM

That handing the ball off to a running back that is just standing there not in motion whatsoever has worked exactly 0 times all year long. By the time the RB has the ball and then begins to move his feet, its too late.

We need more downhill handoffs. Handing the ball off while the RB is actually running works at least some of the time.

#2 nctarheel0619

nctarheel0619

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,899 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 07:45 AM

Was it me, or did the whole offense look better from under center?

#3 KSpan

KSpan

Bow-chicka-wow-wow!

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,329 posts
  • LocationKansas City

Posted 27 November 2012 - 07:46 AM

Based on watching the Panthers, our best plan would be to just grab some random 6th rounder before each game and start them. Guaranteed 150 yds+ and 2 TDs, and we'd be the first team in MFL history to have 16 different 100 yd. rushers.

#4 jarhead

jarhead

• HUDDLER
  • 4,570 posts
  • Locationnear Charlotte

Posted 27 November 2012 - 07:47 AM

Some of the plays designed by Chud defy all logic

#5 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 18,054 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 27 November 2012 - 07:51 AM

That handing the ball off to a running back that is just standing there not in motion whatsoever has worked exactly 0 times all year long. By the time the RB has the ball and then begins to move his feet, its too late.

We need more downhill handoffs. Handing the ball off while the RB is actually running works at least some of the time.

This is exactly why the read option will NEVER be successful as a base offense. Takes too long to develo and the defense is too fast. Holes are closed before the RB ever moves.

#6 JawnyBlaze

JawnyBlaze

• HUDDLER
  • 6,197 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 07:57 AM

Yea, the only variations of the option that's worked at all has been the one where Cam rolls out with a flanking RB and the defense has to choose which to go after and Cam can keep it or pitch. And it's worked less and less lately. The other poo, where Cam decides whether to keep it or hand it off or throw it work so seldomly it's mind boggling that we keep running it...

#7 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 16,318 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 07:57 AM

Agreed, the read option was terrible. Doesn't give the back a real chance at making the play. And fwiw, our offense still looked erratic at times. Don't get me wrong, I am glad we won. Losing to the Eagles would have been horribly embarrassing. But early in the game the eagles defense looked horrid. I could have scored on those first two td's. They got a little better as the game went on, they went from horrid to simply inept..

We need to beat some good teams before we can begin to have a positive outlook about the offense and the team.

#8 CBDellinger

CBDellinger

CAMdamonium!

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 732 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 27 November 2012 - 08:11 AM

Why this isnt obvious to the coaching staff is beyond me. Everyone else can see it.

#9 GotSwag?

GotSwag?

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 783 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 08:15 AM

The option would be a nice to have every once in a while. Gruden is right, but the problem is we just show it way too much. We are 3-8. Now is the time to put Cam behind Center and see what he can do and what these RBs can do.

#10 jarhead

jarhead

• HUDDLER
  • 4,570 posts
  • Locationnear Charlotte

Posted 27 November 2012 - 08:19 AM

I just think there are better plays for us to run other than trickery.At some point you have to establish an identity.

#11 Rubi

Rubi

Squid Smasher

• HUDDLER
  • 2,294 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 27 November 2012 - 08:22 AM

The rest of the season should be about development.

This coaching staff will sabotage that because they will try and make a case for not getting fired at the end. They will continue to run "their" offense....

#12 Marguide

Marguide

South of the Border

• HUDDLER
  • 5,378 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 08:27 AM

All I ask is that we run at least 40% of our plays from under center. That's not too much to ask, is it?

When we're in the gun, the defense knows it's either going to be a pass or an ineffective run. They can play back or just blitz the hell out of us.

If we insist on being in a gun-like formation, at least switch to a pistol like Washington so the RB can take the ball on the run.

#13 jarhead

jarhead

• HUDDLER
  • 4,570 posts
  • Locationnear Charlotte

Posted 27 November 2012 - 08:28 AM

To me its shows a lack of confidence in our OL

#14 boo7382

boo7382

• HUDDLER
  • 10,440 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 27 November 2012 - 08:30 AM

Agreed. It's ie you are watching us in slow motion and the other team in regular motion......you see the play develop and die before it even gets started.

Poor DLo couldn't get a first down to save his life last night

#15 Raskle

Raskle

Huddle Rogue

• HUDDLER
  • 2,471 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 08:40 AM

Wait!.. Whut??

You mean that square oversized peg doesn't fit into the smaller round hole? Mindboggling!

Someone in NC please go smack Chud for all of us out of state fans, please? Thanks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.