23 replies to this topic

#11 Rubi

Rubi

Squid Smasher

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationCharlotte
HUDDLER

Posted 27 November 2012 - 08:22 AM

The rest of the season should be about development.

This coaching staff will sabotage that because they will try and make a case for not getting fired at the end. They will continue to run "their" offense....

#12 Marguide

Marguide

South of the Border

HUDDLER

Posted 27 November 2012 - 08:27 AM

All I ask is that we run at least 40% of our plays from under center. That's not too much to ask, is it?

When we're in the gun, the defense knows it's either going to be a pass or an ineffective run. They can play back or just blitz the hell out of us.

If we insist on being in a gun-like formation, at least switch to a pistol like Washington so the RB can take the ball on the run.

#13 jarhead

jarhead

• Locationnear Charlotte
HUDDLER

Posted 27 November 2012 - 08:28 AM

To me its shows a lack of confidence in our OL

#14 boo7382

boo7382

• LocationCharlotte
HUDDLER

Posted 27 November 2012 - 08:30 AM

Agreed. It's ie you are watching us in slow motion and the other team in regular motion......you see the play develop and die before it even gets started.

Poor DLo couldn't get a first down to save his life last night

#15 Raskle

Raskle

Zookeeper

SUPPORTER

Posted 27 November 2012 - 08:40 AM

Wait!.. Whut??

You mean that square oversized peg doesn't fit into the smaller round hole? Mindboggling!

Someone in NC please go smack Chud for all of us out of state fans, please? Thanks!

#16 Anybodyhome

Anybodyhome

USN Retired

• LocationWherever I May Roam
HUDDLER

Posted 27 November 2012 - 08:46 AM

The difficult part of this to understand is many of the same people railing against the read-option are also calling out DeAngelo Williams. Williams is still a very good running back and will continue to break off huge runs when he gets the ball on a toss sweep or pitch or even in the I-formation.

But to call him out and blame him for a lousy run game when all he does is stand still next to Cam and anticipate getting the ball stuck in his gut while standing still and hope he makes something out of it is ridiculous. The best running backs in the league would look terrible standing still waiting for a handoff while the defense is bearing down on you.

Dump the entire formation and start playing from the "I".

#17 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• LocationWilmington, NC
HUDDLER

Posted 27 November 2012 - 08:57 AM

Run the I formation in the first quarter... get good results...

DON'T DO THAT THE REST OF THE GAME!!!!

Our offense is an internet meme.

#18 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

Moderators

Posted 27 November 2012 - 09:42 AM

That handing the ball off to a running back that is just standing there not in motion whatsoever has worked exactly 0 times all year long. By the time the RB has the ball and then begins to move his feet, its too late.

We need more downhill handoffs. Handing the ball off while the RB is actually running works at least some of the time.

we need to at least be running more in the pistol instead of the shotgun. it's not a lot of momentum, but it's still better than starting off with none.

#19 SuperMan

SuperMan

I'm always holding back.

• LocationRaleigh,NC
HUDDLER

Posted 27 November 2012 - 09:51 AM

we need to at least be running more in the pistol instead of the shotgun. it's not a lot of momentum, but it's still better than starting off with none.

Chud needs to go, we have seen success in standard formations every week only to see him revert to the option Cams accuracy is also much better under center.

#20 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

Moderators

Posted 27 November 2012 - 11:10 AM

Chud needs to go, we have seen success in standard formations every week only to see him revert to the option Cams accuracy is also much better under center.

agreed, but it doesn't matter what we revert to; as long as we are reverting to something that just isn't effective then we're failing. that was the eventual problem with foxball. futilely doing the same thing over and over because it once worked or it should work in spite of the obvious evidence that it isn't.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users