Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sherrod Martin

24 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

I would just like to point out that according to early reports, Sherrod Martin was benched in favor of Nakwho becuase of tackleing issues.

Martin lead the team in solo tackles Pass defenses and was tied with Luke for tackles. But hey the coaching staff cant be wrong can they?

Now was it that the secondary is better with martin or is it the the Eagles passing game sucks or a combo of both. But I have said it all damn year bench Nakwho and play Martin. Hes better in coverage and I have seen no issues with tackleing this season.

What does my fellow huddlers say?

Posted · Report post

He need some hands.

Posted · Report post

Ill take missed INT opportunities over having Nakasushi back there
2 people like this

Posted · Report post

I've been saying start Martin all along. Nakamura is terrible and RR is a fool for starting him.

Posted · Report post

The only glaring mistake I saw from him was on the long TD run where he took a bad angle, but other than that I thought he was very solid.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

One of many questionable personnel calls in my opinion. It was obvious after ATL that Martin should be the starter.

Also think Adams needs to cover KR and PR. Time to move on from early mistakes.

Also think Gettis should be on the field. Biggest, fastest WR that's not activated because of something personal with the coaching staff. As much as guys disliked Terrell Owens, he started every week. Ego can kill you some times. Or at least get you fired.

Posted · Report post

Martin has great instincts for a FS, if he could just pair that with consistency and interceptions he'd be a pro bowler.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Not to piss on anyone's parade but that 51 yard penalty on Naka was BS.I thought he made a great play on the ball.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

[quote name='jarhead' timestamp='1354025087' post='2018719']
Not to piss on anyone's parade but that 51 yard penalty on Naka was BS.I thought he made a great play on the ball.
[/quote]

agreed

Posted · Report post

[quote name='jarhead' timestamp='1354025087' post='2018719']
[/quote]

What? I must have smoked some PCP because the pass interference was as clear as day
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

He had his arm around the receiver before the ball arrived. The ref's are going to call that Pass interference most of the time.

Posted · Report post

If we could put the midget samurai's head in Martin's body, then we may have something. Martin takes some of the worst angles I've seen past pee wee football.