Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pat Yasinskas thinks Rivera can keep his job.

44 posts in this topic

Posted

What can we trade Rivera for?

Posted

I wouldn't be entirely against it.

Posted

probably depends more on who is available than anything else.

Posted

I am not 100% on board with firing Ron River. I would put it at about 90% on board. But I told a friend of mine that if we are going to fire him it should have been after either the Denver game or the Tampa Bay game. The major reason is because out of these last 6 games we have 4 games that I think we should be favored in and 2 that are easily winnable. The problem with letting him finish the season is that if we finish strong there will be a feeling of giving him one more chance by the media and possibly JR.

Don't believe me? One win on MNF against a depleted Eagles team and people are already saying "Hey, maybe Rivera can save his job!!"

Now imagine if we win 3/4 of our last 5 games and finish 4-2 or 5-1 to end the season.

Posted

if we won out, beating atlanta and then playing spoiler for new orleans on the road when they've got the world to play for, i'd say it's at least worth considering. getting new coordinators (at least offensive) and a GM who knows how to assemble a talented football team would help immensely.

while they are two different situations entirely, it's worth noting that prior to the 2007 season tom coughlin was on the hot seat in new york for not really going anywhere with a franchise quarterback, accused of having lost the locker room. he came back in 2007 with a more polished demeanor as a coach and turned the team into superbowl champs.

i don't want to consider keeping rivera unless we win out, but then it'd be foolish not to at least consider it.

Posted

Yeah, beating a team like Philly will set you right with the world. LOL

Posted

Only way it's even a CONSIDERATION, is if he finishes on a 6 game win streak.

i would think the only way he keeps his job is if we hired him as coach/GM.

Posted

Wven if he wins out I give him a 20% chance. Anything possible with Jerry though.

Posted

I'm not sure Chud alone is enough. Our o-line was underwhelming even when we had Kalil. I'm also not 100% sold on Shula. We could use a stronger personality in that spot.

Turner was exceptional under J. Johnson, but I worry about him under a weak RR.

Oh, and I forgot ST's. We probably need to make a change there as well.

The hell with it. Stick to the plan and replace the whole coaching staff other than maybe Washington and Sam Mills Jr.

I'm all for replacing Matsko. Juan Castillo is available, and Howard Mudd probably will be too.

As to Turner, he worked pretty well under Mike Singletary.

Posted

It's not unheard of for a new GM to give a struggling coach an 'audition' season.

Seems unlikely to me, but yeah. It could happen.

it all depends on 1) if it looks like the team has bought in and they are heading in the right direction the rest of the season and 2) the sense of urgency the new GM has towards turning the team around.

that said, i'm not expecting him to come back.

Posted

it all depends on 1) if it looks like the team has bought in and they are heading in the right direction the rest of the season and 2) the sense of urgency the new GM has towards turning the team around.

that said, i'm not expecting him to come back.

I'm not either.

But I'm not gonna say it's impossible.

Posted

Bringing Norv Turner in as OC would be a coup for this franchise

Don't need to keep Stoic Ron to do that though.

1 person likes this