27 replies to this topic

#11 Ken

Ken

Triple Threat

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Locationnyc
HUDDLER

Posted 27 November 2012 - 04:56 PM

Agreed. If Star, or Jake is off the board, we should either trade down(with a good offer) or take him.

#12 Rags

Rags

help

• LocationButtsville, NC
HUDDLER

Posted 27 November 2012 - 05:01 PM

Honestly expect us to win against the Chiefs and Raiders. Rounding us out to 5 wins, if that's the case take Allen.

#13 MHS831

MHS831

HUDDLER

Posted 28 November 2012 - 03:33 PM

Good points. DT, OL, or WR.

However, not just any WR. We need a #1, move Smitty to slot to end his career and improve his effectiveness, and then let Lafell have a career as the #2. Look for Joe Adams to eventually back up and replace Smitty. Gettis will get a good look to back up the other 2 spots.

#14 Herbert The Love Bug

Herbert The Love Bug

Stripper Name: Bo Dangles

• Locationtied to your basement wall
HUDDLER

Posted 28 November 2012 - 03:49 PM

Are there any safeties worthy of a top 10 pick? If not and Star, Hankins and Joeckel are off the board, then I'd go best CB or best WR

#15 MHS831

MHS831

HUDDLER

Posted 30 November 2012 - 08:46 PM

I think you take the best player at a need, and I think #1 WR is a huge need. If you don't, you cannot see the wall that Smith has already started to hit. He would be great in the slot vs the #2 CB or nickel. The only WR I see good enough to play #1 as a rookie is Allen.

If you said you want a DE, then I scratch my head at your logic. Hardy? Johnson? Alexander? Keiffer? That group is coming of age and could be the best group of 4-3 DEs in the league.

We need a DT, WR, OT, OG, S, and CB.

I think we are going to cut Gamble and Gross, to free up about $15 million or so. I would also consider cutting Godfrey.

If so, our needs change dramatically. I would expect us to do something like sign a DT and CB in free agency. We would draft a LT and a WR in the draft.

#16 TMS3426

TMS3426

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 30 November 2012 - 09:55 PM

I agree that WR is a huge need, but don't reach for a guy in the top 10. I'll ask again, why Allen over Hunter, Woods or Patterson?

Why not grab Lewan? Warmack? Milliner?

#17 unicar15

unicar15

HUDDLER

Posted 30 November 2012 - 10:21 PM

I wouldn't want to reach for a WR when we can get one in the second if need be. Need to get a bigtime impact player in round 1.

Kenan Allen is ridiculous. He might be better than Marquise Lee, Robert Woods, Sammy Watkins...as a pro. I'd be thrilled with that pick.

#18 DaCityKats

DaCityKats

feed KB 2014

• LocationDa City
HUDDLER

Posted 30 November 2012 - 11:04 PM

I agree that WR is a huge need, but don't reach for a guy in the top 10. I'll ask again, why Allen over Hunter, Woods or Patterson?

Why not grab Lewan? Warmack? Milliner?

Allen is just the complete WR.he has the size, speed, runs good routes, and has produced for 3 years since stepping on campus. when he has the ball in his hands, he turns into a even better player. can out run angles, run through tackles, can juke defenders just your all around good WR. i wouldnt mind settling for Hunter, Woods or Patterson, but Allen is by far the #1 WR in my eyes.

#19 La Pantera

La Pantera

humpin' habanero

• LocationWinston-Salem
HUDDLER

Posted 01 December 2012 - 02:09 PM

7-10?....anyway wouldn't hate the pick, but at the moment he isnt rated the #1 WR in the draft. He in fact may be,but we wont know til after the combine and the pro-days.

#20 arc

arc

• PipPipPipPip
  • LocationUnited States of America
HUDDLER

Posted 01 December 2012 - 02:25 PM

7-10?....anyway wouldn't hate the pick, but at the moment he ist rated the #1 WR in the draft. He in fact be but we wont know til aftee the combine and the pro-days.

Yep, I think we'll be around pick 7 or so by the year's end. I can see the Chiefs, Raiders, Jags, Jets, Iggles, Zona all ahead of us if we finish 3-2.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users