36 replies to this topic

#1 arc

arc

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 404 posts
  • Locationin orbit

Posted 27 November 2012 - 11:11 AM

I know its interesting to discuss these college dudes in Shaw and Kelly but let's step back beyond college.

Let's discuss the offensive minds in play that are actually in the NFL to be our HC if/once Rivera is sh*tcanned:

Greg Roman (49ers)

Posted Image

Worked under Capers on both sides of the ball here in Carolina and has been successful with Harbaugh and I'm sure has got some of that HC juice flowing in there somewhere. Been talked about round these parts from time to time.

http://www.gostanfor...man_greg00.html

Tom Clements (GB OC)

Posted Image

I understand McCarthy is basically the primo offensive mind there but Tom has been in the NFL for quite some time. Coached with Ditka, Cowher, and Holtz. He worked with Kordell Stewart and they say was the hands on guy in developing Aaron Rodgers in Green Bay.

Full bio: http://www.packers.c...af-00f437249c9f

Look here...study time on the sidelines!
Posted Image

Jay Gruden (Bengals OC)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=afuWbzXi0u4

Impressed with what he's done in Cincinnati albiet they tend to sputter occasionally

Rick Dennison (Texans)

Posted Image

My favorite choice. Hard nosed, has been hugely successful from developing offensive lines for Elway and Schaub that have turned up some strong RB performances from over the years. He's as big of a reason if not more for Shanahan's constant run game success in Denver. Great leader and can tend to light a fire in people's asses on the sidelines from time to time. And not to mention I absolutely love how the Texans' offense is built.

http://www.houstonte...36-c892f704d5ba

Mike McCoy (skip)

Bruce Arians (Colts OC/Interim HC)

Posted Image

Strong history in Pittsburgh and has definitely shown his capabilities in the HC position this year on the sidelines and in more ways than I can mention. Has worked in nearly every facet of offensive assistant-ship from Virginia Tech to Bama to Pittsburgh.

Bio:
http://www.colts.com...df-2c8e2effdf6b

Also, feel free to add

#2 Bj-Monster23

Bj-Monster23

Slam Newton

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,014 posts
  • LocationRaleigh NC

Posted 27 November 2012 - 11:17 AM

In that rant Jay Gruden sounds just like his brother Jon Gruden.

#3 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 37,517 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 27 November 2012 - 11:29 AM

Nobody named Gruden, and no Mike McCoy.

Greg Roman I could see, but I'm not so sure a WCO fits Newton.

#4 arc

arc

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 404 posts
  • Locationin orbit

Posted 27 November 2012 - 11:37 AM

hence the skip for McCoy haha

I understand Cam isn't the most accurate at those short throws and he may not be the most ideal fit in a WCO.

Dennison though really intrigues me. Love his resume and especially how the Texans are built. If we pull in a WR at the top of our draft and get another TE/FB type, we could run a similar offense. Most importantly, that would be the exact type I would trust to build a long term offensive line plan.

#5 Bj-Monster23

Bj-Monster23

Slam Newton

• HUDDLER
  • 2,014 posts
  • LocationRaleigh NC

Posted 27 November 2012 - 11:38 AM

Why you don't think a WCO fits Cam? It's get him out on the of pocket with the roll outs, it cuts the field in half, and most of all it will fix his intermediate throws especially the 10 to 15 yds ones he tend to over throw.

#6 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 37,517 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 27 November 2012 - 11:41 AM

Why you don't think a WCO fits Cam? It's get him out on the of pocket with the roll outs, it cuts the field in half, and most of all it will fix his intermediate throws especially the 10 to 15 yds ones he tend to over throw.

His mobility is a plus in that system, but short throws aren't his strong suit, and most WCO attacks are heavy on those.

Coryell offense suits him way better.

#7 Bj-Monster23

Bj-Monster23

Slam Newton

• HUDDLER
  • 2,014 posts
  • LocationRaleigh NC

Posted 27 November 2012 - 11:44 AM

His mobility is a plus in that system, but short throws aren't his strong suit, and most WCO attacks are heavy on those.

Coryell offense suits him way better.

I can understand that.

#8 arc

arc

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 404 posts
  • Locationin orbit

Posted 27 November 2012 - 11:47 AM

Anything on Dennison Mr. Scot? or even Tom Clements...(just added him)

#9 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 37,517 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 27 November 2012 - 11:50 AM

Anything on Dennison Mr. Scot? or even Tom Clements...(just added him)

Like both. Don't know if we'll go that route.

#10 Frash Brastard

Frash Brastard

The Frashmaker

• HUDDLER
  • 13,802 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 06:30 PM

What about Bruce Arians BITCH

#11 UNCrules2187

UNCrules2187

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,905 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 06:48 PM

God no. For everyone bitching about Chud not running the ball enough, Arians calls passes way more than Chud does. Luck is on pace for ~650 pass attempts this season. That's nearly 150 more attempts than Cam had last season.

#12 Frash Brastard

Frash Brastard

The Frashmaker

• HUDDLER
  • 13,802 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 06:49 PM

God no. For everyone bitching about Chud not running the ball enough, Arians calls passes way more than Chud does. Luck is on pace for ~650 pass attempts this season. That's nearly 150 more attempts than Cam had last season.

Yea and it sure as hell isn't working out for them lol

#13 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,763 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 06:58 PM

because it's an unnecessarily complicated offense that takes 3 years to learn, esp. @ QB (and no, vick didn't learn it. they switched to a spread to accommodate him) and the verbiage is horribly long.

teams are leaving it.

very few remaining who use it.

i want no part of it.

#14 UNCrules2187

UNCrules2187

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,905 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 07:06 PM

Yea and it sure as hell isn't working out for them lol

Colts will get bitchslapped out of the playoffs. They've feasted on a weak schedule:

The Colts already have won five more games this season than they did in 2011. At first glance, it's easy to credit that improvement to their new quarterback, but that progress has as much to do with dumb luck as it does with Andrew Luck. Although three of Indianapolis' losses have come by 20 or more points, each of its seven wins has come by seven or fewer points. And these aren't powerhouse teams the Colts are beating, either. Those seven opponents have a combined record of 31-46, and only one (Green Bay) would qualify for the playoffs if the season ended today. The Colts have spent most of their season playing just a little bit better than some of the worst teams in football.

Contrast that with our losses:

@ TB
vs NYG
@ ATL
vs SEA
vs DAL
@ CHI
vs DEN
vs TB

All teams in the playoff hunt, only one of which has a losing record (5-6 at that). NYG, ATL, CHI, DEN and one of SEA and TB are definitely getting in. And we lost 6 of those 8 by 7 points or less. Colts just have better dumb luck than we do.

#15 arc

arc

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 404 posts
  • Locationin orbit

Posted 27 November 2012 - 07:14 PM

added Bruce

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.