36 replies to this topic

#16 Frash Brastard

Frash Brastard

The Frashmaker

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,050 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 07:20 PM

Colts will get bitchslapped out of the playoffs. They've feasted on a weak schedule:

Contrast that with our losses:

@ TB
vs NYG
@ ATL
vs SEA
vs DAL
@ CHI
vs DEN
vs TB

All teams in the playoff hunt, only one of which has a losing record (5-6 at that). NYG, ATL, CHI, DEN and one of SEA and TB are definitely getting in. And we lost 6 of those 8 by 7 points or less. Colts just have better dumb luck than we do.

Arians is doubling as an OC and a head coach, and going 6-2 while taking control of a team on the fly. They reeled off a 4 game winning streak at a certain point this year, and have you checked the talent on this team? They've got a handful of good starting players on their roster.

Yea they'll probably get routed if they make it to January, but how often do you hear of an interim head coach rallying a team to a playoff berth?

#17 UNCrules2187

UNCrules2187

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,817 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 07:22 PM

Arians is doubling as an OC and a head coach, and going 6-2 while taking control of a team on the fly. They reeled off a 4 game winning streak at a certain point this year, and have you checked the talent on this team? They've got a handful of good starting players on their roster.

Yea they'll probably get routed if they make it to January, but how often do you hear of an interim head coach rallying a team to a playoff berth?

The Colts record is a more a reflection of their schedule than anything else. There's a reason Arians "retired" from the Steelers - they didn't want him. What does that tell you?

#18 Frash Brastard

Frash Brastard

The Frashmaker

• HUDDLER
  • 13,050 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 07:24 PM

Yea that 19th ranked Pittsburgh offense really justifies their decision not to retain him

#19 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • 29,571 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 07:26 PM

i think what's really happening in indy has more to do with pagano and the team rallying around him than what arians is doing although even at that arians is doing well with the situation.

i've said in another thread about him that i just can't see arians going anywhere next year. i'd be surprised if pagano was healthy enough to make a full recovery or at least enough to get back to work full time and even at that, arians might be too valuable an asset to that team to be let go.

#20 Frash Brastard

Frash Brastard

The Frashmaker

• HUDDLER
  • 13,050 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 07:29 PM

Arians hasn't been coaching in this league for an eternity to do a great job as an interim head coach and then quietly step back down and keep his place in Indianapolis while like 5-7 teams are looking to hire head coaches this offseason

#21 Anybodyhome

Anybodyhome

USN Retired

• HUDDLER
  • 5,398 posts
  • LocationAlmost where I want to be...

Posted 27 November 2012 - 07:36 PM

I wouldn't mind an offensive oriented head coach... simply because we haven't ever had one and it's fairly obvious nobody on the coaching staff has a clue what to do with Cam, DeAngelo and Stewart at the same time.

I'm not beyond promoting Shula to OC.

#22 Ruff

Ruff

Formerly Know As RufftownRepresent

• HUDDLER
  • 5,572 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 10:43 PM

hence the skip for McCoy haha

I understand Cam isn't the most accurate at those short throws and he may not be the most ideal fit in a WCO.

Dennison though really intrigues me. Love his resume and especially how the Texans are built. If we pull in a WR at the top of our draft and get another TE/FB type, we could run a similar offense. Most importantly, that would be the exact type I would trust to build a long term offensive line plan.

I know this is an offensive coach discussion, but I'd rather have Wade from the Texans if we get anyone.

As far as offensive coaches are concerned... Mike Sherman is a name I'd throw in there. Very good coach at Texas A&M, and has the offense of the Dolphins playing decent, even with the struggles of their offensive line.

#23 Ruff

Ruff

• HUDDLER
  • 5,572 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 10:44 PM

But, like Mister Love said already, I think it's Bruce Arians > everyone else.

And by greater than everyone else, I mean there isn't even a close second... for miles.

#24 csx

csx

• HUDDLER
  • 6,373 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 10:51 PM

The Colts record is a more a reflection of their schedule than anything else. There's a reason Arians "retired" from the Steelers - they didn't want him. What does that tell you?

The qualities that make a good head coach have nothing to do with particular offensive or defensive philosophies of a coordinator just like being a spectacular coordinator does not make one a good head coach.

#25 Ruff

Ruff

• HUDDLER
  • 5,572 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 10:58 PM

Here's my thoughts on Arians.

Rookie QB, rookie RB, rookie WR, rookie TE, an offensive line you've never heard of (minus Winston Justice), their first year in a 34 scheme and yet they're still 7-4.

That is impressive any way you spin it.

#26 Gabeking

Gabeking

• HUDDLER
  • 3,054 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 12:08 AM

Why no mike McCoy? I don't see what the hate on him is?

#27 arc

arc

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 404 posts
  • Locationin orbit

Posted 28 November 2012 - 01:12 AM

Too soon

Even if the new GM considers him, I don't know how Jerry would feel about hiring a guy so soon from Foxy's regime

#28 mcdougal

mcdougal

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 597 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 01:58 AM

What about Kyle Shannon?

#29 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • 29,571 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 07:33 AM

i don't understand what the appeal of him is.

what has he done? he was jake's buddy as a QB coach and never really did anything to make him better. he was and has been a figurehead of an OC in denver the whole time he's been there.

there's nothing to him. no substance other than just being a likeable guy.

#30 TopCat

TopCat

Swerve

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 08:48 AM

*starts chant* bruce bruce bruce

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.