#152 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,305 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 29 November 2012 - 01:01 AM

answer the question and i will tell you.

#153 TANTRIC-NINJA

TANTRIC-NINJA

The holy ghost of Mr. Miyagi

• HUDDLER
  • 5,978 posts
  • LocationColumbia, South Kacky

Posted 29 November 2012 - 01:02 AM

why are those things mutually exclusive? did i die and go to hell, the only place where trickle down economics works?

Yep... Pretty much.

Just as the Banking stimulus was supposed to stimulate consumer and business loans... But went to bonuses, sales incentive trips..

Its why I called BS on giving corporations big tax breaks bc recent trends are that money will pay for the 300 person all expense paid trip to Atlantis..not to Joe the widget maker.

#154 SmootsDaddy89

SmootsDaddy89

Just Say No To Boo

• ALL-PRO
  • 10,211 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 01:02 AM

it must be pretty hard to type with pom poms in your hands

And a dick in your mouth.

#155 SmootsDaddy89

SmootsDaddy89

Just Say No To Boo

• ALL-PRO
  • 10,211 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 01:05 AM

since your smugness appears to be affecting your ability to read, I'll slow this down for you a little...

how does repeating "supply and demand" over and over negate the idea of the government supplementing walmart's wages and lack of benefits?

Uhm MadHatter runs a business so maybe you should leave the econominies figurin to experts okay

#156 GOOGLE RON PAUL

GOOGLE RON PAUL

fleet-footed poster

• HUDDLER
  • 4,115 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 01:05 AM

answer the question and i will tell you.

it's a bullshit question so i'll give it the answer it deserves: i prefer both, equally. now, o wise pstall, what does this mean?

#157 SmootsDaddy89

SmootsDaddy89

Just Say No To Boo

• ALL-PRO
  • 10,211 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 01:08 AM

not to mention... where do you think all those walmart employees spend their assistance checks?

yea, that's right.

Fun fact: WalMart employees spend more per week at WalMart than the average WalMart customer.

#158 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,519 posts
  • LocationILM

Posted 29 November 2012 - 07:29 AM

the TS factory fire, which was a little dramatic but an effective statement nevertheless

"I HAVE TO WORK THANKSGIVING, ITS LIKE BEING BURNED ALIVE!!!!!!"

smh

#159 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,519 posts
  • LocationILM

Posted 29 November 2012 - 07:30 AM

And a dick in your mouth.

8 hour ban

#160 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 32,983 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 29 November 2012 - 07:36 AM

so basically you think that you should accept whatever conditions that were present when you were hired? and yet you, and others, can't see the parallels between that and historical arguments against workers rights?

this is the only post i've seen in this entire thread that gets to the core philosophical argument necessary to address to come to any sort of conclusion in this debate. well that and the TS factory fire, which was a little dramatic but an effective statement nevertheless

No its really not and this is why...

People with ideology like Cantrell here see everything in black-and-white, no shades of grey at all.

Comparing not having holidays off at a retail store to say... unsafe working conditions, or even low wages is not a good comparison... not even close.

No one here, certainly not me, is advocating that workers should simply accept things as they are and never work for a better working environment... but if you accept a job where there are working days on holidays, then you have to work holidays.

It's a pretty simple concept, but if you see life like he apparently does, I guess it's not.

#161 thatlookseasy

thatlookseasy

Death to pennies

• HUDDLER
  • 2,950 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 09:15 AM

Comparing not having holidays off at a retail store to say... unsafe working conditions, or even low wages is not a good comparison... not even close.

Haha I think working at walmart on black friday might actually qualify as "unsafe working conditions" with all the nutjobs out there

Yeah but seriously working holidays isnt a big deal. You usually get paid extra plus what are you missing? Awkward conversations with extended family while eating/ watching TV.

#162 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 32,983 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 29 November 2012 - 09:17 AM

Haha I think working at walmart on black friday might actually qualify as "unsafe working conditions" with all the nutjobs out there

Yeah but seriously working holidays isnt a big deal. You usually get paid extra plus what are you missing? Awkward conversations with extended family while eating/ watching TV.

Agree... I heard that it was absolute chaos. Stuff stacked everywhere and employees that knew where nothing was... which, as I have previously said, is what Walmart gets for having low wages and no benefits... crappy employees.

#163 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,403 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 09:19 AM

You get what you pay for.

#164 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

• HUDDLER
  • 14,000 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 09:55 AM

8 hour ban

awww come on... it's the tinderbox.

#165 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

• HUDDLER
  • 14,000 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 09:58 AM

the US is the only oecd country without legal entitlement to holiday pay (or paid leave)

generally speaking it's one of those nice things we as a society can do for the people who work poo jobs; people who, at least in america, spend their thanksgiving scanning cheap tvs while making at best half of what it takes to provide the bare minimum for their families. you know, those families that conservatives insist are so goddamned important that we should expect min. wage employees to work 2-3 jobs, throughout the holidays, to provide for the family that they can never actually be around anyway

look, i don't disagree with you philosophically at all... I just don't see it as compensation or a "right."

it definitely is the decent thing to do... but unfortunately "decent" doesn't mean much. I'd like to see mandatory vacation legislated as I think it makes for a more productive workforce... that said, it's not.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com