235 replies to this topic

#16 GOOGLE RON PAUL

GOOGLE RON PAUL

fleet-footed poster

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,002 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 02:45 PM

increasing wages is equivalent to giving money away? what about when CEO compensation increases dramatically while worker wages stagnate? is that not "giving money away," or does it only count as free money when you're giving it to poor people?

#17 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 32,567 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 27 November 2012 - 02:50 PM

Being a business owner I see both sides of this, but I def agree that CEO pay is way out of whack...

...and sure, you can hire people for $12/hr instead of $20/hr, but you'll get a whole different kind of employee for the $20/hr wage.

I treat my employees fairly and if there are bonuses or increases, they get what I get. Of course, since 2008, we've had no bonuses or increases and actually had to cut back...

#18 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 19,218 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 27 November 2012 - 02:53 PM

I agree ceo pay is out of whack. No doubt. But who decides on the amount? Who decides on the wages? The board.
The boards need to be re evaluated. I say have 2 outsiders on every fortune 500 board. Get rid of cronyism.

#19 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,421 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 06:12 PM

supply and demand.

If i started a company today and had 100 people willing to work for $12 per hour, why would I pay them $20? Bad economy will contribute this these types of things. Guess you complainers never shop there?

You get what you pay for.

#20 FurdTurgason

FurdTurgason

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 954 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 06:22 PM

I hate Walmart. Costco in Spartanburg was awesome. I used to go there religiously.

#21 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 18,006 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 27 November 2012 - 07:21 PM

but madhatter told me that people on public assistance are lazy people who don't want to work

I have said over and over that I am all for helping people who are working to help themselves. If you take a job and work your ass off, yet still need assistance......I am all for it.

What I am against is the people who are capable of working and sit on their lazy asses drawing a welfare check.

As for Wal-Mart. I hate them....won't shop in their stores which are nasty.

But, they pay above minimum wage and then supply and demand dictates what they pay. Costco pays more...go work for Costco.

Also have no issues picketing for higher wages...that is fully within workers rights. Does not mean the company will cave, but go for it.

But the Walmart thread about people bitching about having to work holidays was ridiculous. Retail work means holiday work.

#22 YourMomsLover

YourMomsLover

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,871 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 04:18 AM

I have said over and over that I am all for helping people who are working to help themselves. If you take a job and work your ass off, yet still need assistance......I am all for it.

What I am against is the people who are capable of working and sit on their lazy asses drawing a welfare check.

As for Wal-Mart. I hate them....won't shop in their stores which are nasty.

But, they pay above minimum wage and then supply and demand dictates what they pay. Costco pays more...go work for Costco.

Also have no issues picketing for higher wages...that is fully within workers rights. Does not mean the company will cave, but go for it.

But the Walmart thread about people bitching about having to work holidays was ridiculous. Retail work means holiday work.

How dare you use simple logic Hatter!

#23 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 16,318 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 08:22 AM

Parking and access at the local Costco is annoying according to my wife, which is why she prefers Sams.

#24 Panthro

Panthro

Bunned

• Moderators
  • 23,217 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 08:30 AM

Because no one shops there?

#25 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 16,318 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 08:42 AM

Parking lot is generally full, and its designed better with easier access. Of course, Costco does have a much higher ratio of elitist snobs. :)

#26 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

• HUDDLER
  • 14,000 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 09:41 AM

Parking lot is generally full, and its designed better with easier access. Of course, Costco does have a much higher ratio of elitist snobs. :)

just not parking snobs...

#27 Panthro

Panthro

Bunned

• Moderators
  • 23,217 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 09:44 AM

The almighty dollar says I can pay people minimum wage and make them work 29 hours a week thus still having them suck off the govt teet while I get cheap labor

Bizniz master/jerb creator

#28 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 32,567 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 28 November 2012 - 09:46 AM

At the Sams here it's like a geriatric convention.

#29 Cat

Cat

Terminally bored

• HUDDLER
  • 8,059 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 09:57 AM

I think I will not be renewing my membership to Sams and will join Costco this year instead.

Thanks for posting.

#30 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

• HUDDLER
  • 14,000 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 09:58 AM

imo costco's food/selection is significantly better.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.