You like their steaks ?

I had one and it wasn't they great.

#33 Panthro

Panthro

Bunned

• Moderators
  • 23,251 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 10:12 AM

II swear by their ribs, boneless chicken, tri-tips, flank steaks, pork shoulders....i love the pork shoulders! $14 for something like 4...roast them grill them braise them

#34 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,000 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 10:27 AM

shiat, i pay for my membership in toilet paper alone...

their pork shoulders and ribs are good. their salmon is pretty good too. and i like their premade ravioli.

#35 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

• Moderators
  • 14,688 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 10:29 AM

Wish we had more around the RDU area... I still haven't been.

I love these stories though. Awesome to see some ethical business skills being recognized and illustrate that it's possible for all involved to not only survive, but thrive, when the little man is taken care of.

I've heard for years how awesome Costco is. A couple of years ago, local news did a piece around the holidays on how they were the #1 retailer in the U.S. and they went through their stores showing how they were able to keep their prices the lowest among all of their competitors. Combine that with this report and that is a business you can pull for.

#36 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 16,318 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 10:41 AM

You like their steaks ?

I had one and it wasn't they great.

If I am buying something like a steak, I spend a couple of extra bucks and go to the local butcher shop. When it comes to steaks, quality is more important to me. For chicken, turkey, etc... I let the wife buy it at sams, or food lion if she doesn't feel like spending the extra in gas.

#37 GOOGLE RON PAUL

GOOGLE RON PAUL

fleet-footed poster

• HUDDLER
  • 4,008 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 11:48 AM

I have said over and over that I am all for helping people who are working to help themselves. If you take a job and work your ass off, yet still need assistance......I am all for it.

What I am against is the people who are capable of working and sit on their lazy asses drawing a welfare check.

As for Wal-Mart. I hate them....won't shop in their stores which are nasty.

But, they pay above minimum wage and then supply and demand dictates what they pay. Costco pays more...go work for Costco.

Also have no issues picketing for higher wages...that is fully within workers rights. Does not mean the company will cave, but go for it.

so you'd prefer to have the government supplement walmart salaries, rather than walmart pay their workers enough to live on?

But the Walmart thread about people bitching about having to work holidays was ridiculous. Retail work means holiday work.

why?

How dare you use simple logic Hatter!

it must be pretty hard to type with pom poms in your hands

#38 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

• HUDDLER
  • 14,000 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 11:54 AM

If I am buying something like a steak, I spend a couple of extra bucks and go to the local butcher shop. When it comes to steaks, quality is more important to me. For chicken, turkey, etc... I let the wife buy it at sams, or food lion if she doesn't feel like spending the extra in gas.

this... which is why i don't eat steak very much... unless i'm gonna spring for something really good, i'd rather eat a good burger than an ok steak.

#39 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 32,608 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 28 November 2012 - 01:02 PM

At least here you're having a reasonable adult discussion... but the pom pom comment from you of all people is pretty laughable.

I've thought many times that you, rodeo and James might be cheerleading triplets separated at birth...

As to your question, I didn't see where hatter was saying Walmart employees should have their salaries subsidized by the gov't. Seemed to me his point was not about Walmart's salary policies, but that if you were a Walmart employee and you felt you weren't being paid enough, then find another job.

I think Walmart's salary policies are pretty evident if you ever actually go in a Walmart... their employees are generally the worst and dumbest of any you can find in retail... ie, you get what you pay for.

#40 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 18,068 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 28 November 2012 - 01:07 PM

so you'd prefer to have the government supplement walmart salaries, rather than walmart pay their workers enough to live on?

why?

The government is NOT supplementing Wal-Mart's salaries. Their salaries are above minimum wage and then supply/demand dictates how much the pay. It is simple economics.

#41 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,346 posts
  • LocationILM

Posted 28 November 2012 - 01:09 PM

why?

Mainly b/c the store is open.
Not being sarcastic here either.
Worked retail all through college, every Christmas Eve, Black Friday.

If the argument is the store should be open that day, the easy protest is to refuse to shop there.

I was a bit offput buy Black THURSDAY night this year at walmart, but I saved 400$ on a TV so meh.

#42 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

• HUDDLER
  • 14,000 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 01:09 PM

The government is NOT supplementing Wal-Mart's salaries. Their salaries are above minimum wage and then supply/demand dictates how much the pay. It is simple economics.

i fail to see how these things are mutually exclusive.

#43 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

• HUDDLER
  • 14,000 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 01:10 PM

Mainly b/c the store is open.
Not being sarcastic here either.
Worked retail all through college, every Christmas Eve, Black Friday.

If the argument is the store should be open that day, the easy protest is to refuse to shop there.

I was a bit offput buy Black THURSDAY night this year at walmart, but I saved 400$ on a TV so meh.

hope you didn't buy an emerson.

#44 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,346 posts
  • LocationILM

Posted 28 November 2012 - 01:13 PM

hope you didn't buy an emerson.

Samsung yo.
Only the best for my waiting in line!

#45 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 18,068 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 28 November 2012 - 01:26 PM

i fail to see how these things are mutually exclusive.

So basically you don't understand how supply/demand works....got it.

Without raising the minimum wage, supply/demand dictates what a company needs to and should pay for their wages.

I am still back to my same premise. If you did so little in school that a job running a cash register at Wal-Mart is your only choice.....you have no one to blame but yourself.

Don't like what Wal-Mart pays, work somewhere else.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.