Costco baby wipes >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

#48 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,001 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 01:36 PM

So basically you don't understand how supply/demand works....got it.

Without raising the minimum wage, supply/demand dictates what a company needs to and should pay for their wages.

I am still back to my same premise. If you did so little in school that a job running a cash register at Wal-Mart is your only choice.....you have no one to blame but yourself.

Don't like what Wal-Mart pays, work somewhere else.

since your smugness appears to be affecting your ability to read, I'll slow this down for you a little...

how does repeating "supply and demand" over and over negate the idea of the government supplementing walmart's wages and lack of benefits?

#49 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • 12,697 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

Posted 28 November 2012 - 01:39 PM

Without raising the minimum wage, supply/demand dictates what a company needs to and should pay for their wages.

I am still back to my same premise. If you did so little in school that a job running a cash register at Wal-Mart is your only choice.....you have no one to blame but yourself.

Not everyone's lack of success can be attributed to a lack of effort. In fact, the majority of people are just stupid. Not everyone can hack it through higher education, let alone satisfactorily enough to guarantee quality employment.

#50 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 24,147 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 01:41 PM

So are you or are you not ok subsidizing Walmart employees salaries

The world needs Wal Mart cashiers just as it needs smug CPAs

#51 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

• HUDDLER
  • 14,001 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 01:43 PM

So are you or are you not ok subsidizing Walmart employees salaries

you obviously don't understand how supply and demand works... go sit at the kids table.

#52 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 24,147 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 01:52 PM

Madhatter has said in the past that he is ok giving govt assistance to those people who work hard. Which in turn not only helps those individuals but really frickin helps a corporations bottom line by not having to offer benefits. They keep their workers near poverty while making Billions on their backs and our (the tax payers backs).

#53 GOOGLE RON PAUL

GOOGLE RON PAUL

fleet-footed poster

• HUDDLER
  • 4,312 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 01:55 PM

Mainly b/c the store is open.
Not being sarcastic here either.
Worked retail all through college, every Christmas Eve, Black Friday.

that's not consistent with the idea that employees can leverage their labor to obtain better wages, which madhatter actually said that he's fine with. why is it ok to fight for better wages, but it's not ok to fight for holidays off?

and for that matter, why the fug are thanksgiving and christmas federal holidays? i'm pretty sure the government is more important to this country than walmart

#54 GOOGLE RON PAUL

GOOGLE RON PAUL

fleet-footed poster

• HUDDLER
  • 4,312 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 01:55 PM

As to your question, I didn't see where hatter was saying Walmart employees should have their salaries subsidized by the gov't. Seemed to me his point was not about Walmart's salary policies, but that if you were a Walmart employee and you felt you weren't being paid enough, then find another job.

oh?

I have said over and over that I am all for helping people who are working to help themselves. If you take a job and work your ass off, yet still need assistance......I am all for it.

The government is NOT supplementing Wal-Mart's salaries. Their salaries are above minimum wage and then supply/demand dictates how much the pay. It is simple economics.

so when the vast majority of walmart employees are on food stamps because minimum wage isn't a living wage, the government isn't "supplementing walmart's salaries"?

#55 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

• HUDDLER
  • 14,001 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 01:56 PM

Madhatter has said in the past that he is ok giving govt assistance to those people who work hard. Which in turn not only helps those individuals but really frickin helps a corporations bottom line by not having to offer benefits. They keep their workers near poverty while making Billions on their backs and our (the tax payers backs).

not to mention... where do you think all those walmart employees spend their assistance checks?

yea, that's right.

#56 GOOGLE RON PAUL

GOOGLE RON PAUL

fleet-footed poster

• HUDDLER
  • 4,312 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 01:56 PM

Posted Image

#57 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,614 posts
  • LocationILM

Posted 28 November 2012 - 02:02 PM

that's not consistent with the idea that employees can leverage their labor to obtain better wages, which madhatter actually said that he's fine with. why is it ok to fight for better wages, but it's not ok to fight for holidays off?

When you are a cashier at Walmart it's pretty hard to leverage your skill set as bargaining power.
Its a low skill job.
Most retail jobs are low skill jobs.
Thus you are basically at the mercy of the corporation.
That said they could all not show up and force the store closed and subsequently lose their jobs, because again they aren't exactly building replacement hearts there. Yet, they would be using the leverage they do have, a functioning body and 1/2 a brain to get the holiday off.

#58 GOOGLE RON PAUL

GOOGLE RON PAUL

fleet-footed poster

• HUDDLER
  • 4,312 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 02:06 PM

When you are a cashier at Walmart it's pretty hard to leverage your skill set as bargaining power.
Its a low skill job.
Most retail jobs are low skill jobs.
Thus you are basically at the mercy of the corporation.
That said they could all not show up and force the store closed and subsequently lose their jobs, because again they aren't exactly building replacement hearts there. Yet, they would be using the leverage they do have, a functioning body and 1/2 a brain to get the holiday off.

i said "leverage their labor" since, you know, labor is in fact a commodity

also it's not very easy to leverage your labor when you're a wage slave. minimum wage isn't a living wage.

the point is, i don't see any consistency when you can say both "yeah sure they should be able to fight for higher wages" and "they should just stop bitching about working on holidays because they knew what they were getting into"

#59 GOOGLE RON PAUL

GOOGLE RON PAUL

fleet-footed poster

• HUDDLER
  • 4,312 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 02:08 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

oh look here's some people who knew what they were getting into

#60 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 24,147 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 02:08 PM

madhatter is probably too busy at the adults table to respond.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com