Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cary Kollins

UPDATE! Rick Reilly is a lying dingleberry clinging to his hatred of Cam Newton

272 posts in this topic

Wow that's the first time I watched the video. Steve Young gives him the "WTFUG" stare down for about 5 seconds. Priceless. Just imagine how much of his douchebaggery that isn't caught on camera.

The things that players are saying about Cam (according to Zod and a few others) are not unlike what was said about Peppers early in his career in Charlotte. Pep was by no means a bad guy. He just wasn't one of the guys. Sounds like Cam is the same way. Like Pep, Cam probably has high profile friends in other sports and other entertainment venues. Pep would much rather hang out with Carmelo Anthony than Brentson Buckner. He got close to Rucker and Minter later, but he was never everyone's favorite teammate. On Caravan trips during the spring, Pep would sit by himself at the front of the bus while his teammates all sat in the back. I don't think it was because he was unliked. I think he just made enough money that he wanted to do his own thing and knew that he could do it because the PR guys would have his back.

Cam is an easy fun target....

Rick Reily could walk down the panther sideline in warms ups.....and a ball could bounce in front of him. He would quickly tweet out Cam tried to murder him. People would believe.

Then random posters would claim they knew a guy that knew a guy that meet Armanti's Edwards 4th cousin and that they knew for a fact Cam hates everyone.

In reality Cam could still be in the lockerroom and a ball boy could of literally just dropped one from two feet away.

Rick Reilly sucks. He really has nothing better to do than bash people?

I didn't say anything, but after the game didn't Cam make a few interviews on the way back to the locker room? As I recall he hugged a few Eagles players and then talked to Vick then was interviewed and then headed to the locker room. He was one of the last players to leave the field.

So when this guy came up with this 54 minute wait crap, I just ignored it.

The things that players are saying about Cam (according to Zod and a few others) are not unlike what was said about Peppers early in his career in Charlotte. Pep was by no means a bad guy. He just wasn't one of the guys. Sounds like Cam is the same way. Like Pep, Cam probably has high profile friends in other sports and other entertainment venues. Pep would much rather hang out with Carmelo Anthony than Brentson Buckner. He got close to Rucker and Minter later, but he was never everyone's favorite teammate. On Caravan trips during the spring, Pep would sit by himself at the front of the bus while his teammates all sat in the back. I don't think it was because he was unliked. I think he just made enough money that he wanted to do his own thing and knew that he could do it because the PR guys would have his back.

that's quite an extrapolation. what have you heard specifically that warrants this level of conjecture? it has to be pretty significant to outweigh the good things guys like greg olsen have publicly stated about cam.

So the guy obviously sits in locker rooms and times people on how long their showers are.... just a little creepy to me

that's quite an extrapolation. what have you heard specifically that warrants this level of conjecture? it has to be pretty significant to outweigh the good things guys like greg olsen have publicly stated about cam.

Well I was trying to defend Cam, actually. I forgot how much Panthers fans hate Peppers now. Pep is a good dude. So the comparison wasn't meant to be negative.

Well I was trying to defend Cam, actually. I forgot how much Panthers fans hate Peppers now. Pep is a good dude. So the comparison wasn't meant to be negative.

be that as it may, you made a direct comparison to pep being distant from the other guys on the team to cam's relationship with the other guys on the team based on what appears to be a significant level of first-hand or reliable second-hand information. would you mind sharing this?

Newton is a 23 yr old superstar.

He isn't going to be buddy buddy with 30 yr married guys who go home to a wife and kids at night.

James Anderson said on his google chat Cam gravitates toward young single guys like LaFell who play offense.

Only comparison between Pep and Cam....

Unrealstic expectations and assumptions they can and should be Superman every week regardless of what is going on around them and opponents are doing

2 people like this

http://m.nfl.com/news/0ap1000000102141/

Love that our organization stepped up quickly & fired back in Cam's defense.