Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

UPDATE! Rick Reilly is a lying dingleberry clinging to his hatred of Cam Newton

274 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Reilly is an excellent writer, but I find him to be horrible on TV. He should have stuck with just writing, though I'm sure ESPN is paying him quite well.

Posted · Report post

-said Cam took exactly 54 minutes to meet with the media after coach Rivera. Went on to explain that the media writers have deadlines and Cam should know that and should hurry up out of the shower. Said Peyton and AR don't do stuff like that. Also said that the team had to wait on the bus for Cam to leave.

Translation, "Cam please be respectful and nice to me. I have to hurry and write a story that is disrespectful and mean spirited about you and/or your team"

6 people like this

Posted · Report post

I can only imagine how far down "Attack Cam's Hygeine Habits" was on Cowherds list of things he was going to go after Cam for this morning after he had to mark off all the others.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

I'm supposed to believe Rick Reilly had his stopwatch out and timed the whole thing? And if he did, holy crap, what the hell is his obsession with Cam?

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

All of you guys know that if Andy Dalton made the press wait for an hour after his shower to primp for his presser while his team sat on the bus and waited, we would all be talking about how much of an asshat he is.

Posted · Report post

Please disregard requoted in post below.

Posted · Report post

It was comical last night on Sportscenter when Reilly came on set and said something that was said in the locker room and tried to spin it as a negative, and Dilfer and Young took it as a huge positive and ran with it.

You could see the disgust on Reilly's face.

Posted · Report post

Bullshit. All those QB's you mentioned do post game pressers.

I understand that do post game pressers but in those organizations the coaches are relevant RR is not. They are relevant because they establish themselves as the leaders of the organization and don't hide behind phases like "we need to take advantage of opportunities". They own up to their team failures and don't repeat the mistake again.

Posted · Report post

todays sportswriters have a sense of entitlement.

they feel players owe them answers. back when sportswriters were good, the good ones earned respect and the good stuff. Jason Whitlock actually wrote about it last year......

after the game Cam had national media, oppoents, lockeroom talk, shower etc. before his presser.......54 minutes after the whistle isn't absurd. Just shows how spoiled reporters are.....then flip it on Cam saying he held up the team. His obligation to them holds up the bus.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

I've heard the same from players, fwiw

Posted · Report post

-Colin said he has a source that he trusts that told him other players in the locker room feel Cam is a diva

That source is Colin Cowherd.

Posted · Report post

I've heard the same from players, fwiw

Zod is the "source"