273 replies to this topic

#196 CCS

CCS

Glutton for heart break and punishment

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,331 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 05:35 PM

I'm not really supporting death threats, I'm just saying that if he was talking poo on a Raiders, Browns, Cowboys, or Steelers player then the fans would have been harassing him with no mercy by now.

#197 CRA

CRA

• Moderators
  • 24,098 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 05:41 PM

Cam is an easy fun target....

Rick Reily could walk down the panther sideline in warms ups.....and a ball could bounce in front of him. He would quickly tweet out Cam tried to murder him. People would believe.

Then random posters would claim they knew a guy that knew a guy that meet Armanti's Edwards 4th cousin and that they knew for a fact Cam hates everyone.

In reality Cam could still be in the lockerroom and a ball boy could of literally just dropped one from two feet away.

#198 ZackAttack23

ZackAttack23

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 569 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 05:46 PM

Rick Reilly sucks. He really has nothing better to do than bash people?

#199 Keep Pounding

Keep Pounding

Smith & Wesson 460

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,760 posts
  • LocationIn your backyard!!!!

Posted 28 November 2012 - 06:10 PM

I didn't say anything, but after the game didn't Cam make a few interviews on the way back to the locker room? As I recall he hugged a few Eagles players and then talked to Vick then was interviewed and then headed to the locker room. He was one of the last players to leave the field.

So when this guy came up with this 54 minute wait crap, I just ignored it.

#200 PhillyB

PhillyB

hug it chug it football

• HUDDLER
  • 19,166 posts
  • Locationthird spur east of the sun

Posted 28 November 2012 - 06:29 PM

The things that players are saying about Cam (according to Zod and a few others) are not unlike what was said about Peppers early in his career in Charlotte. Pep was by no means a bad guy. He just wasn't one of the guys. Sounds like Cam is the same way. Like Pep, Cam probably has high profile friends in other sports and other entertainment venues. Pep would much rather hang out with Carmelo Anthony than Brentson Buckner. He got close to Rucker and Minter later, but he was never everyone's favorite teammate. On Caravan trips during the spring, Pep would sit by himself at the front of the bus while his teammates all sat in the back. I don't think it was because he was unliked. I think he just made enough money that he wanted to do his own thing and knew that he could do it because the PR guys would have his back.

that's quite an extrapolation. what have you heard specifically that warrants this level of conjecture? it has to be pretty significant to outweigh the good things guys like greg olsen have publicly stated about cam.

#201 FastNFurious

FastNFurious

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 343 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 07:21 PM

So the guy obviously sits in locker rooms and times people on how long their showers are.... just a little creepy to me

#202 FurdTurgason

FurdTurgason

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 954 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 07:32 PM

that's quite an extrapolation. what have you heard specifically that warrants this level of conjecture? it has to be pretty significant to outweigh the good things guys like greg olsen have publicly stated about cam.

Well I was trying to defend Cam, actually. I forgot how much Panthers fans hate Peppers now. Pep is a good dude. So the comparison wasn't meant to be negative.

#203 PhillyB

PhillyB

hug it chug it football

• HUDDLER
  • 19,166 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 07:36 PM

Well I was trying to defend Cam, actually. I forgot how much Panthers fans hate Peppers now. Pep is a good dude. So the comparison wasn't meant to be negative.

be that as it may, you made a direct comparison to pep being distant from the other guys on the team to cam's relationship with the other guys on the team based on what appears to be a significant level of first-hand or reliable second-hand information. would you mind sharing this?

#204 CRA

CRA

• Moderators
  • 24,098 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 07:38 PM

Newton is a 23 yr old superstar.

He isn't going to be buddy buddy with 30 yr married guys who go home to a wife and kids at night.

James Anderson said on his google chat Cam gravitates toward young single guys like LaFell who play offense.

#205 CRA

CRA

• Moderators
  • 24,098 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 07:39 PM

Only comparison between Pep and Cam....

Unrealstic expectations and assumptions they can and should be Superman every week regardless of what is going on around them and opponents are doing

#206 panthers5158

panthers5158

NOT NEWB

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 07:40 PM

http://m.nfl.com/new...p1000000102141/

Love that our organization stepped up quickly & fired back in Cam's defense.

#207 FurdTurgason

FurdTurgason

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 954 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 07:46 PM

be that as it may, you made a direct comparison to pep being distant from the other guys on the team to cam's relationship with the other guys on the team based on what appears to be a significant level of first-hand or reliable second-hand information. would you mind sharing this?

I said in my post that I was comparing my knowledge of Pep to what Zod and others were hearing about Cam. It makes sense if you think about it. Cam and Pep are perhaps the only two players the Panthers have had who transcended football. Pep had NBA friends, rapper friends, etc. Didn't someone post something on here once about Cam hooking up with Katy Perry?

In comparing the two, I am in no way comparing their work ethic, their game, or anything like that. I'm just saying the two have a lot more in common than you might think, and some of the "Cam is a diva" mumbling coming from the locker room sure sounds familiar. When you make as much as they do and you are the face of the franchise at such a young age, you either grab that bull by the horns or you withdraw a little bit.

#208 FurdTurgason

FurdTurgason

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 954 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 07:47 PM

Newton is a 23 yr old superstar.

He isn't going to be buddy buddy with 30 yr married guys who go home to a wife and kids at night.

James Anderson said on his google chat Cam gravitates toward young single guys like LaFell who play offense.

Yep

#209 PhillyB

PhillyB

hug it chug it football

• HUDDLER
  • 19,166 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 07:52 PM

I said in my post that I was comparing my knowledge of Pep to what Zod and others were hearing about Cam. It makes sense if you think about it. Cam and Pep are perhaps the only two players the Panthers have had who transcended football. Pep had NBA friends, rapper friends, etc. Didn't someone post something on here once about Cam hooking up with Katy Perry?

In comparing the two, I am in no way comparing their work ethic, their game, or anything like that. I'm just saying the two have a lot more in common than you might think, and some of the "Cam is a diva" mumbling coming from the locker room sure sounds familiar. When you make as much as they do and you are the face of the franchise at such a young age, you either grab that bull by the horns or you withdraw a little bit.

fair enough... where have you heard about cam being a diva?

#210 King Taharqa

King Taharqa

The Panthers Quarterback

• HUDDLER
  • 8,774 posts
  • LocationBobcat Country

Posted 28 November 2012 - 07:55 PM

Only comparison between Pep and Cam....

Unrealstic expectations and assumptions they can and should be Superman every week regardless of what is going on around them and opponents are doing

Bingo. This is the most "star adverse" fanbase Ive ever been a part of. Our fans and organization are learning on the fly how to handle SUPERSTARS. We've still got some growing to do.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.