Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

theyhateme45

ECU (Football Only) + Tulane to Big East

23 posts in this topic

Big East is the new CUSA. $$$ have ruined college sports.

The current BE is laughable. The western teams will bolt back to the MWC and Cincy will end up somewhere viable and what's left is a conference that is worse than Cusa, the Sunbelt and the MAC.

Welp, there goes Boise St, and maybe even more from the west

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/story/_/id/8796807/boise-state-broncos-staying-mountain-west-conference-sources-say

Saw a guy who had been a good source of insight in the past say Houston and SMU will jump to the MWC soon as well. If that happens the Big East will be worse than the former CUSA.

I hope ECU goes back to CUSA, the BE is done.

Nothing says desperate like a conference calling itself the Big East extending membership to FRESNO ST. and UNLV, lol.

I hate that CUSA blew its load quickly and invited MTSU and FAU after ECU and Tulane were invited to the Big East.

I understand inviting ODU, Charlotte, and UTSA quickly. They are three schools with fair to excellent fan support and a ton of potential that were being courted by multiple conferences. CUSA had to lock them up or risk losing them. MTSU, FIU, and FAU were not going anywhere though. They were in the Sun Belt so their only upward mobility was CUSA anyway. Had CUSA waited, they could welcome back some of the defectors with open arms.

At this point, paying millions to leave CUSA and millions to enter the Big East just doesn't seem worth the investment.

Lol at Charlotte having good fan support.

1 person likes this

Lol at Charlotte having good fan support.

there might be 18 uncc fans in the charlotte area. Even people I know who went to UNCC don't give a crap. I'm not knocking the school but I am knocking the fan base.