Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

stewart has a high ankle sprain

52 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

I wouldn't be surprised to see Stewart go to IR. He has had that ankle nagging him all season long. Do we still have Poole or Smith on the practice squad? I'd love to sign one of them and see what they can do for us. If not, I want to see Tolbert get more carries than Deangelo

Posted · Report post

when RR said that Deangelo is the "homerun threat" and Jonathan was the bruiser, i was confused.. Denagelo [u]used[/u] to bang up the middle just as hard as any other RB.. he isnt a cutback runner, although he has that ability..
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

[quote name='bLACKpANTHER' timestamp='1354051857' post='2019547']
when RR said that Deangelo is the "homerun threat" and Jonathan was the bruiser, i was confused.. Denagelo [u]used[/u] to bang up the middle just as hard as any other RB.. he isnt a cutback runner, although he has that ability..
[/quote]

Deangelo has changed its either tbecause of the scheme or his big payday but he's not the same back from 2 years ago

Posted · Report post

yeah I remember when Deangelo was widely and easily considered a top 3-5 running back in the NFL. Now he wouldn't be in the top 30

Posted · Report post

It just isn't the right style for him. Fox's power run game was perfect for him. Also, we don't run him on the sides, ever. I feel that's a strength of his and we don't do it.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Irv' timestamp='1354051983' post='2019549']

Deangelo has changed its either tbecause of the scheme or his big payday but he's not the same back from 2 years ago
[/quote]

My take is that the scheme,sorry OL,plus the big paycheck all contribute to Wiliams backward slide.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Daddy Uncle' timestamp='1354051825' post='2019545']
I wouldn't be surprised to see Stewart go to IR. He has had that ankle nagging him all season long. Do we still have Poole or Smith on the practice squad? I'd love to sign one of them and see what they can do for us. If not, I want to see Tolbert get more carries than Deangelo
[/quote]

stewart sprained his left ankle not is right one, which is what youre thinking

Posted · Report post

D Will was successful when we were running that zone blocking scheme when fox was here. Thats where he was successful, when Rivera and Co. got here we gutted that and have been running schemes that dont help our running backs at all. Everything has been tailored around Cam so the other players have just had to get in where they fit in which has been the wrong philosophy for the past 2 years.......Terrible Coaching once again.

Posted · Report post

run deangelo out of the I-form and deep single back sets against the chiefs and watch him gain 100 yards. vision is one of his strengths and this read option/delayed handoff garbage is idiotic to run with him.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='PhillyB' timestamp='1354054111' post='2019594']
run deangelo out of the I-form and deep single back sets against the chiefs and watch him gain 100 yards. vision is one of his strengths and this read option/delayed handoff garbage is idiotic to run with him.
[/quote]

williams ran out of a read option/delayed handoff 2x against the eagles.

his other 9 runs came with newton under center.

he is struggling. period.

Posted · Report post

I like Stew but he can't stay healthy...

Posted · Report post

[quote name='lineal89' timestamp='1354054508' post='2019614']
I like Stew but he can't stay healthy...
[/quote]

true, but he can still play effectively with most of his injuries.

case in point, he's been struggling with injuries all season long, yet he is still edging out williams in production.

he still has some 100 or some odd games to miss before he has missed just as many games as williams...that is sarcasm just in case someone doesn't get it.