Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

stewart has a high ankle sprain

52 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

[quote name='PhillyB' timestamp='1354054111' post='2019594']
run deangelo out of the I-form and deep single back sets against the chiefs and watch him gain 100 yards. vision is one of his strengths and this read option/delayed handoff garbage is idiotic to run with him.
[/quote]
This, plus plenty of tosses and pitches. No counters, they take too long to develop and our line can't handle them.

Mix in a few triple options even, just don't make it the fuging base offensive set.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='nosuchthingasapanther' timestamp='1354054468' post='2019612']
williams ran out of a read option/delayed handoff 2x against the eagles.

his other 9 runs came with newton under center.

he is struggling. period.
[/quote]
And that's specific to Williams, how? Stewart had just as shitty of a game.

Posted · Report post

Need to make Tolbert the primary RB while Stewart is out. He can run better under he current scenario.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='PhillyB' timestamp='1354054111' post='2019594']
run deangelo out of the I-form and deep single back sets against the chiefs and watch him gain 100 yards. vision is one of his strengths and this read option/delayed handoff garbage is idiotic to run with him.
[/quote]

Having huge holes to run through is what he needs......

He doesn't have that and therefore will go down like a sack of potatoes no matter how you use him.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='rodeo' timestamp='1354055393' post='2019632']

And that's specific to Williams, how? Stewart had just as shitty of a game.
[/quote]

No he didn't.

Stewart had 5 runs of 4 or more yards. Williams 1. Williams also consistantly gets diddly poo at a higher rate.

Williams will be 30 next year....still amazing people can't wrap their heads around him being at the end of his career. He isn't that guy we saw in 2008 regardless of scheme

Posted · Report post

DeAngelo is not a bad RB. We have a shmuck of an OC who has no clue how to use him.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Panths' timestamp='1354056702' post='2019678']
DeAngelo is not a bad RB. We have a shmuck of an OC who has no clue how to use him.
[/quote]

He will be 30 next year.....he might not be bad but he ain't what he was and that has nothing to do with Chud.

And yes, Chud is an idiot but him being such doesn't wash everything else away

Posted · Report post

DWill is a $ guy now. Just gets that check. Nothing more

Posted · Report post

I just don't think you wake up the morning of 29 and you forget how to be a 1000 yard back. The degree to which he is SO awful right now is mostly contributed to his style of running not fitting within our scheme anymore. I think its a mix of Chodezinksi not utilizing him correctly and our O-line is so piss poor. Maybe a decent oline years past helped inflate his stats and ability, I'm not sure. I would just assume a drop-off due to age would be a slower affair, especially for someone who has shared carries his whole time here.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

[quote name='nosuchthingasapanther' timestamp='1354054716' post='2019619']
true, but he can still play effectively with most of his injuries.

case in point, he's been struggling with injuries all season long, yet he is still edging out williams in production.

he still has some 100 or some odd games to miss before he has missed just as many games as williams...that is sarcasm just in case someone doesn't get it.
[/quote] Yeah, has been able to play with some minor injuries, but so have most NFL players and in my opinion, the only reason Stew has edged D Will out, is because of our type of offense fits Stew better. I like them both, but Stew has had health issues from day one.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Panths' timestamp='1354059077' post='2019738']
I just don't think you wake up the morning of 29 and you forget how to be a 1000 yard back. The degree to which he is SO awful right now is mostly contributed to his style of running not fitting within our scheme anymore. I think its a mix of Chodezinksi not utilizing him correctly and our O-line is so piss poor. Maybe a decent oline years past helped inflate his stats and ability, I'm not sure. I would just assume a drop-off due to age would be a slower affair, especially for someone who has shared carries his whole time here.
[/quote]

You don't.....trend down started last year. People overlook that and think it is pure not fitting the scheme.

NFL RBs actually historically wash out pretty rapidly. They don't slowly fade. They are good, then clearly aren't what they were. Look at all the recent top tier RBs that washed out in recent years. Blame it on a hundred different reasons why they faded.....but they faded quick

Posted · Report post

more from rotoworld...

[quote]

[b]Panthers OC Rob Chudzinski concedes Jonathan Stewart (high-ankle sprain) hasn't been 100 percent all season.[/b]

"He's fighting through it and he's doing the best he can with it. I know some weeks it's better than others," Chudzinski said. "We'll just have to wait and see and hopefully we can get that thing healed up quick." We've noticed the past few weeks that Stewart simply doesn't have the explosive playmaking ability of previous seasons. An August high-ankle sprain and subsequent toe injury have sapped his homerun speed. With an offseason to rest in addition to the prospects of a new coaching staff and DeAngelo Williams' departure, Stewart remains a Dynasty "hold."[/quote]