46 replies to this topic

#16 Rocky

Rocky

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 170 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 07:31 PM

So you notice that too?

oh yeah, everyone should have noticed. what they started with the first few drives had them on fire.. then came the read option and the eagles d started to look competent. coincidence?

#17 Gabeking

Gabeking

• ALL-PRO
  • 3,447 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 07:40 PM

Yeh...it's like Ron and Co are letting him play QB... imagine that

Too little too late though

#18 ladypanther

ladypanther

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 5,290 posts
  • LocationWNC

Posted 27 November 2012 - 08:23 PM

This is something that has frustrated me. Most college QB's audible. Seems like all NFL QB's, even rookies audible. Why would Ron and Chud want the Panthers to run a play they know has no chance of succeeding? Why has the audible not been an option? So just now they are adding this in...gradually? What/who is the problem?

http://www.charlotte...edom-leads.html

#19 fieryprophet

fieryprophet

WARNING: Do not annoy!

• ALL-PRO
  • 5,333 posts
  • LocationLa Grange, NC

Posted 27 November 2012 - 08:47 PM

This is something that has frustrated me. Most college QB's audible. Seems like all NFL QB's, even rookies audible. Why would Ron and Chud want the Panthers to run a play they know has no chance of succeeding? Why has the audible not been an option? So just now they are adding this in...gradually? What/who is the problem?

Chud is the problem. He believes he's a genius whose every play call is infallible, and doesn't want Cam overriding him.

#20 CPF4LIFE

CPF4LIFE

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,488 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 10:05 PM

Keek said will still had a chance at the playoffs LOL

#21 grateflday

grateflday

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,446 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 01:20 AM

its a shame that we see cam doing better from under center and calling audibles, then after another td drive go back to the fuging read option and the offense stalls for 2 quarters

I was screaming this at the TV during the game when they did that. They have done this before. I just dont get it. I think this offense and Cam is better when he is under center.

#22 Toundra

Toundra

100% French meat

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,021 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 04:08 AM

Obviously, Rivera is Cam's Kryptonite..

#23 lightsout

lightsout

Doin' stuff...thaaaangs

• HUDDLER
  • 5,764 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 04:31 AM

It's just funny how much better he is when he's free. His whole demeanor changes. Look at first half Cam (specifically the end of the first half as we let the time run out). Cam was frustrated that he and the offense weren't trusted to try and get a few more points before the half and it showed. I think it was the 2nd half, but whenever Cam called the audible to the QB sneak from the 5 that got us to the 1....THAT'S WHAT CAM DOES! He sees the weaknesses in defenses. He knows the call to make. When we let Cam make those decisions, he is better and the team is better. I hope this wasn't a one time thing. I hope this is a permanent change. Sure, at some point, he'll call a bad audible. All QBs do, even the great ones. The human mind, no matter how good at a specific thing, is fallible. But those are learning experiences, like anything else.

#24 CatMan72

CatMan72

KEEP POUNDING

• HUDDLER
  • 15,344 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 05:38 AM

Chud finally swallowed his pride and let the kid call some audibles... it's about time!

#25 Gucci Mane

Gucci Mane

Trap God

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,876 posts
  • LocationKitchen

Posted 28 November 2012 - 06:41 AM

Rivera said in a presser a few weeks ago that they give cam a "double-call" and that its up to cam to decide the better play based on defense. So yes, they gave him a whopping 2 different calls in the huddle.

#26 Car123

Car123

Newton's Law

• HUDDLER
  • 2,065 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 08:52 AM

the more freedom he has to be himself on the field, the more empowered he'll feel and the more he'll be able to be his regular dynamic self.

he's a playmaker. when allowed he can make things happen. don't put that guy in a box anymore. make it simple with a lot of options and just trust him and we'll have that star we drafted, that dynamic offense we saw last year, and more wins.

Update your sig

#27 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,199 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 08:59 AM

Update your sig

YESSIR!

sorry. i've got sigs turned off. i don't really pay attention to it.

#28 I Mean He Was Found Guilty

I Mean He Was Found Guilty

We dominated time of possession though!

• ALL-PRO
  • 10,968 posts
  • LocationChapel Hill

Posted 28 November 2012 - 09:01 AM

amazingly when the coaching staff lets cam actually be a quarterback good things tend to happen

#29 Who Said What?

Who Said What?

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 864 posts
  • LocationEverybody knows Carolina's my home

Posted 28 November 2012 - 09:35 AM

Does anyone really doubt Cam's throws when he has time to sit in the pocket? I'm convinced he is still the same player he just needs more support from the rest of the team. Throwing deep with a terrible run game isn't going to work.

I'm praying Cam and Lafell can end the season on a high note. He looked for Lafell more off the audibles.

I sincerely believe some of his struggles and picks at the first of the year came when he was trying to force the ball to Steve. We may not have another dominant receiver yet, but we do have some capable ones to help.

#30 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,199 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 09:45 AM

I sincerely believe some of his struggles and picks at the first of the year came when he was trying to force the ball to Steve. We may not have another dominant receiver yet, but we do have some capable ones to help.

yep. i'm not sure if the focus on smitty has been b/c of cam or chud, but cam hasn't been spreading the ball around like last year and like he could have this year. it's been far too focused on smitty.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com