Jump to content

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest Tom Cat

Man chokes to death on cockroaches

Recommended Posts

Guest Tom Cat

but he won a snake !

The Florida man who collapsed and died last month after gobbling dozens of roaches and worms at an insect-eating contest choked to death, medical examiners found.

Edward Archbold, 32, gagged and heaved violently outside the Ben Siegel Reptile store in Deerfield Beach shortly after the Oct. 5 contest ended, as piles of bugs he had just eaten became lodged in his windpipe, the Broward County Medical Examiner said Monday.

Archbold died later at a hospital. Toxicology reports showed no lethal substances in his system, and the cause of death was listed as an accident, local WPTV reported.

EARLIER: FLORIDA MAN DIES AFTER BUG EATING CONTEST

Archbold, of West Palm Beach, was one of 30 contestants who participated in the bug noshing contest at the store, about 40 miles of north of Miami.

The grand prize was an expensive ball python.

Read more: http://www.nydailyne...9#ixzz2DSrxOzfy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Guest Tom Cat

I guess this is a case of survival of the fittest - guy obviously had an adversion to eating cockroaches and worms.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites




Thining the herd.....if you are stupid enough to do this, then you would be just diluting the gene pool.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites



×