Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Panthers should go after Tony Dungy

33 posts in this topic

Posted

I do not fully know all the pro and cons of Hollmgren.... but if he is here coaching duties only, I will take him also. Dungy or Holmgren sounds good to me.

Posted

Both coaches won superbowls but only one gave thanks after winning the superbowl to the former coach who built the defense which got him there.

lmao...

it's the NFL not pee-wee...

Dungy lucked out & got to coach the greatest QB in NFL history. Otherwise he would be the guy who faded into oblivion while his replacement won a Super Bowl.

Posted

Bill Cowher.

Posted

i prefer Dungy for a GM actually. he has paid his dues on the sidelines. he knows talent and character very well.

Posted

dungy has said over and over that he is done with coaching.

scratch him off your christmas wish list.

Posted

Big fan of Dungy. But no.

Posted

This post is laughable. Tell me Peyton's record in the playoffs in Indy before Tony was his coach. Jets used to kick Peyton's ass every year! What was Tampa's record the previous years before he came down there?

So we should hire Herm Edwards, at least as a DC. Schottenheimer+Edwards = full retread

Posted

No thank you

Posted

This post is laughable. Tell me Peyton's record in the playoffs in Indy before Tony was his coach. Jets used to kick Peyton's ass every year! What was Tampa's record the previous years before he came down there?

Give credit to Dungy also, he deserves some of it.

Dungy's Bucs were a hideous 1-3 in 3 playoff appearances from 1999-2001, including one and done his last 2 years, hence he got fired in Tampa Bay. Gruden won it all the next year.

In 7 years in Indy with Peyton Manning in his prime Dungy had 4 one and dones in the Playoffs from 2002-2008. Dungy only made one Super Bowl with Peyton.

To answer your question specifically Peyton was 0-2 in the Playoffs pre Dungy, but mostly this continued post Dungy.

Hire Tony Dungy?

No thanks.