Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bill Polian Interview MNF Eagles game

77 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Super_Freak' timestamp='1354067844' post='2019957']
Polian knows more about football than anyone on the board. Just because you don't like what he said about your favorite player doesn't change the fact that he's among the smartest men in football, ever.
[/quote]

Try this...go to a Colts board and ask them what they thought of Polian and his son for their last few years in Indy. It might change your perspective a bit.

Posted · Report post

And what? Listen to a bunch of know it all fans i can do that here.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='fieryprophet' timestamp='1354069462' post='2020006']
If the play call tells the player to leave a thirty foot cushion on the receiver and the offense takes advantage of that over and over, then the play call is the problem, not the player.
[/quote]

Not much choice if the player isn't good enough to play press without getting beat over the top. After the first 2 sneak up closer and make a play. What percentage of success in the game would you say depends on coaches vs players. I say 20% coaching 80% players.

Posted · Report post

Not anymore you can't.

Posted · Report post

He said Godfrey was a good player hahaha

Posted · Report post

[quote name='CRA' timestamp='1354066634' post='2019918']
Well we literally had the Atl game won....and fumbled the ball back a yard wiping the win out.
[/quote]

But we had another opportunity to gain that one yard and Rivera punted.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='CRA' timestamp='1354066634' post='2019918']
Well we literally had the Atl game won....and fumbled the ball back a yard wiping the win out.
[/quote]
What ever the play call was with 59 seconds left that allowed Roddy White a 59 yard reception and left him one on one with a rookie CB and an idiot S who decided to let White get behind them was a shitty play call and lost the game. We should have had a 3 man rush with every available DB on the team in a prevent defense. White should have never been given the opportunity to blow right by a rookie DB. The sad part is Julio Jones almost burned the DB a couple players earlier but stepped out of bounds when catching the ball...you would think dumbass Rivera would have gotten the memo after that close call!! Coaches lost the hell out of that game.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='goodoleboy' timestamp='1354073246' post='2020093']
Not much choice if the player isn't good enough to play press without getting beat over the top. After the first 2 sneak up closer and make a play. What percentage of success in the game would you say depends on coaches vs players. I say 20% coaching 80% players.
[/quote]

80%coaching 20% players...The 49ers went 13-3 last year with the same team they had prior that went 6-10. All they did was change the coach. The 49ers have had top talent for the past few years but didn't have a competent coaching staff to prepare them to win games. Maybe you've never played, but I've played on poorly coached teams and teams with good coaches. Coaching is the difference maker

Posted · Report post

[quote name='fieryprophet' timestamp='1354067150' post='2019931']

That has what to do with his draft record? And two years after their last Super Bowl appearance they went 2-14.

But you love to act like you have a clue.
[/quote]

All you have to look at is his first year without Peyton to see what kinda team he actually built

Posted · Report post

Calling the 2011 season a "false sense of success" is accurate.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Rook35200' timestamp='1354078772' post='2020180']

80%coaching 20% players...The 49ers went 13-3 last year with the same team they had prior that went 6-10. All they did was change the coach. The 49ers have had top talent for the past few years but didn't have a competent coaching staff to prepare them to win games. Maybe you've never played, but I've played on poorly coached teams and teams with good coaches. Coaching is the difference maker
[/quote]

If that is the case why even scout players. Its all coaching anyway. Fox must have been one hell of a coach when we went 12-4 a few years ago...right?

Posted · Report post

couple of things- I wish the stupid radio announcer hadn't just said "Well I disagree with you on Godfrey" but had asked Polian "WHY" he thinks he is a good player

Second, this team is a few close calls and plays from having a COMPLETELY different spin on it. I don't think we are a mess, I think we are a few good decisions away from a playoff team