Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bill Polian Interview MNF Eagles game

77 posts in this topic

Posted

If that is the case why even scout players. Its all coaching anyway. Fox must have been one hell of a coach when we went 12-4 a few years ago...right?

I guess by your logic you'd be correct. I didn't say it doesn't matter who the players are but coaching is more important. The Cowboys have had some of the most talented teams in the NFL and they havent seen the playoffs in years...Why? They haven't had the right coach...

Posted

Remember, Peyton Manning is making John Fox look like an offensive genius...

That is true and maybe why he said what he did about Cam.How can you think he is a great qb without the wins to go with it?

Posted

I guess by your logic you'd be correct. I didn't say it doesn't matter who the players are but coaching is more important. The Cowboys have had some of the most talented teams in the NFL and they havent seen the playoffs in years...Why? They haven't had the right coach...

I am not the one saying 80% of a teams success is coaching. I put it at around 20%. That is enough to move a team from 7-9 to 10-6 so it does matter. Just not as much as quality role players.

Team talent as fans see it is not always accurate. Just look at the Eagles dream team. They payed some "talent" and got a lot worse. Much of the Dallas "talent" is media hype for Americas Team.

Posted

If you don't like the interview, then you don't like the interview. However, questioning his credentials is comical. Polian is a one of the most successful GMs the NFL has seen.

I thought he was quite complimentary of the Panthers. He doesn't appear to be a Cam fan and that is fine--not everyone loved Steve Young either.

Posted

Steve Young was only good cause he had the team of Joe Montana Behind Him

i still consider young garbage.